• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seat Concepts

You could try the Vetter Magic Seat Board: Vetter Magic Seat Board - Parts and Accessories - FJRForum

I haven't tried it yet. It looks to be pretty dangerous if you're not paying attention at slow speeds. I could never figure out how to attach it to bike so it wouldn't fly away or get in the way of riding.

Last edited:
Seat Concept Foam Choices,
Has anyone ordered, or tried the SOFTER foam choice when ordering the foam and cover from Seat Concepts?
Softer foam may(?) reduce the forward slope of their seat? Since the majority of the rider's weight would be concentrated further back on the seat foam. So there may be more sinkage at the point. (Further to the rear of the seat) less forward slope?

I finally caved into the plethora of positive reviews on the Seat Concepts option. I wanted to jump in on the group buy, but I had already invested (a lot more) into another solution and just couldn't justify it. After pouring through pages and pages of positive reviews (here and ADVRider) and checking out the "Gripper" material in person (according to Robert at Seat Concepts it's the same material that is stock on the Yamaha Super Tenere) I finally decided to give them a try. All accounts point to these folks knowing what they're doing. I'm hoping it lives up to the reputation. Either way, they were very helpful and answered my questions in a pretty timely manner.

First impressions are pretty good. This is surprisingly wider than the stock seat. The foam is pretty firm but not in a bad way. I wouldn't call it cushy, but I have a feeling that I could do a lot more miles on this than the OEM or Shad.

First impressions are pretty good. This is surprisingly wider than the stock seat. The foam is pretty firm but not in a bad way. I wouldn't call it cushy, but I have a feeling that I could do a lot more miles on this than the OEM or Shad.

Cage-can you do a measurement of the width of the seat at its widest point?

Well, I took it out for a ride and what was going to be a half hour ride turned into a 3 hour or basically, a tank of gas (incedentally, according to Fuelly, my best MPG was today with 67 MPG). I think I'm pretty happy with this seat. It's not super comfy, but it works well. Since the seat is level, I was able to reposition my butt whenever I started getting discomfort. I wasn't able to do that with the stock or Shad. I felt pressure on my sit bones, but not pain. I'm banking on the foam breaking in a little after some use. I think if it does, this seat will get a lot more comfortable. In any case, it's the best seat I've had on this bike yet. I would be curious as to how their softer foam feels. I should try the slope fix mod with this and see if that makes a difference. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. My rear would be screaming at me if I had done that on the OEM seat.

Back