• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seat Concepts cover materials...thoughts?

Jut8

Reaction score
Visit site
So I am really showing my NC a bit of love this winter....she deserves it, so with all the use it will be getting this summer, I figure my rear end would deserve a nice seat. I decided to go the route of the seat concepts setup, but there are some options with the cover materials. We have the option to do carbon sides, and a gripper material top, or all carbon look. I read somewhere that if you usually ride in jeans, the all carbon is the material of choice, but I am not sure why the gripped would not be so you just stay in one place. Any thoughts/comments suggestions on material choice from those who have owned one, or from those who just have an opinion on it? I guess the debate is over a gripper seat, or a slicker seat like the stock cover. Thanks!

I have the carbon sides with the gripper cover on a couple of bikes including my nc. Highly recommend the gripper top. totality 028.jpg

Very cool, thanks for the install tip! Might have to go with the gripper to then. Big improvement over stock? No issues opening/closing the rear seat for fuel access with the new seat setup?

Slip or grip will depend on how and where you ride. I try to do as much riding through twisties and want to easily move to shift my weight. Slip cover also makes it easier to change position on long rides. I had a converted Seat Concepts seat and didn't care for it much comfort wise and it was noticeably higher.

After making numerous seat modifications, I would also strongly recommend a pneumatic stapler. Harbor Freight sells one for $25 and it works fine. Either buy a $100, 6 gal pancake compressor, or rent one. Use 1/4" or 5/16" staples. A hair dryer is very useful for heating up the cover so it can be stretched easier.

Huge improvement over stock but have struggled to make my nc comfortable. I've mentioned it in a few other threads. I think it has less to do with the seat than the general rider position. Especially for a tall rider. I'd definitely raise the front with the seat raise mod.
No issues accessing the fuel filler. The front seat mod has no affect. What you see in the photo is a stock rear seat with my soft bags. I also run a soft bag on top of the rear seat. One clip and the top bag shifts to the side then that strap you see is Velcro so simply rip it apart and your into the fuel filler.

All good info! I do have an air compressor, so ill pick up some staples for the staple gun. Summitx, i notice the lower footpeg setup.....where did ya find those?

All good info! I do have an air compressor, so ill pick up some staples for the staple gun. Summitx, i notice the lower footpeg setup.....where did ya find those?

It's been a couple of years since I bought the footpegs. Found them online, don't recall the make. I think they lower 40mm. They're not hard to find if you search a bit. Only down side is you tag the ground with them if you are pushing it a bit in the corners. Having a second position for your feet really helps on the long rides so the hwy pegs on the crash bars are a good investment.

The Gripper material is REALLY sticky. I kind of think it's too sticky. I find that my when I slide around it's not my pants sliding on the seat, it's actually actually my underwear moving in my pants. If I were to buy it again, I think I'd get a different material.

I bought my CRF250L with the Seat Concepts gripper cover installed. I love the seat but never liked the cover and planned to change it. I had a bad get off in the woods and hyper extended my right hip because I did not slide off the seat. The textile riding pants added to the grip. I now have the slick cover installed and like to be able to slide around on the seat.
I use an Air Hawk on the NC700.

I had a WR250X with a seat concepts gripper. Not good if you ride in jeans. You can't slide around to change positions and under hard braking you slide forward inside your pants. Not real comfortable.

The gripper material sucks. They should call it "Wedgie maker".
BUT the Seat Concepts seat is nice, just avoid the gripper material.

Back