• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sargent Seat, Pre-Registering NC700X for Seat Development

Has anyone tried Cee Bailey's Seats?
Cee Baileys | Motorcycle Seat Recovering, Custom Seats & Recushioning System
It looks like they will redo both seats for 200 bucks total. AFTER you send them back your stock seat and they'll refund the 250 dollar core charge.

I had them do a seat for my MP3 (much worse than the NCX) and they do really good work. I think you're looking at the wrong price structure. They'll recover your seat for that price, but for them to work their magic on the foam, you're in the $350-450 range. On the MP3 it was worth it! On the NC... it might still be worth it.

I am going to be in the area next week so called Sargent to see about a ride in. They require two weeks notice for scheduling and wouldn't even check if busy next week. "Wide open" week after. Guy on phone said they are getting a lot of interest in NC700 seat and he does not think it will be very long before they have one. When I asked for more detail on time he stated the design guys keep things close to the chest and don't share expectations. Hopefully his belief is right and the effort here to drum up their intrest seems to be workingl.

I had them do a seat for my MP3 (much worse than the NCX) and they do really good work. I think you're looking at the wrong price structure. They'll recover your seat for that price, but for them to work their magic on the foam, you're in the $350-450 range. On the MP3 it was worth it! On the NC... it might still be worth it.

Thanks for the reply! I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they have to say, that's not a bad price if the product will do the job and I really liked their fitment requirements, very detailed,.

Any more riders wanting to pre-register, without obligation, requesting Sargent Seats to make a seat for the
Honda NC700X motorcycle? If there is enough interest in this seat application, they will make it.
See post #1 for information on the request form and sending address.
Thanks

The question is, "Could we get a discount if "X" number of people were really serious?"

OCR is correct about Fuzzy. He did a ride in for his Sargent and started a thread about it. Cost was $350 + tax but no shipping.

Craigmri is looking for 9 more people on a 20% discount for a Bill Mayer Saddles; $379.20 plus shipping.

I know a number have their preferences - I don't as I've not been at this long enough, have to trust other's butts - and while the difference between the Bill Mayer (discounted) and what I'm assuming is retail for Sargent is just shy of 10% I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a 20% discount on the Sargent - would bring it in under 300 (+ shipping both ways, of course, and tax if you are in-state).

What about it, pismocycleguy (since seems like you might be in contact with them)? Any possibility of a discount or is it a case we'd just be lucky they decided to offer an off-the shelf seat? Any idea how many have signed up on their web site?

(Of course there is a seat (Seat Concepts) for $160 + $45 for the rear cover + $20 if you want them to do the instl + shipping both ways. [low end] There is also Russell Day Long, reportedly in the $600 range. [high end])

I've never heard of Sargent doing a group buy, but they do occasionally offer discounts. They did my seats in November of last year and at that time they had a $25 off promotion in effect. IIRC depending on the month it was either 10% or $25 off. At any rate if you check the Sargent website during the October November December timeframe you may find some discounts in effect. For those within riding distance of their location in Jacksonville, Florida that is also the easiest timeframe to set up an appointment for ride in service.

Bob

The question is, "Could we get a discount if "X" number of people were really serious?"

OCR is correct about Fuzzy. He did a ride in for his Sargent and started a thread about it. Cost was $350 + tax

What about it, pismocycleguy (since seems like you might be in contact with them)? Any possibility of a discount or is it a case we'd just be lucky they decided to offer an off-the shelf seat? Any idea how many have signed up on their web site?
The last "NEW" model Sargent Seat that I pre-registered for was several months ago. When the seat was finally ready for sale to the public, the pre-registered people were offered the new seat at a discounted price for a limited time. I believe the discount was in the range of 10% to 15%. It was worth signing up, pre-registering, to get the discount. Non pre-registered buyers paid the listed selling price, no discounted price.
I believe that we now have over 30+ members who have pre-registered for this seat.
It wouldn't hurt to get more individuals to pre-register. So if you think you may be interested in the new NC700 Sargent Seat, with no obligation to purchase, please do pre-register. And get your friends/acquaintances to do likewise. The more the better.

I had Sargent seats on both of my FJRs much improvement over the stock seats. I hope they market the NC seat soon.
Doc, since you are a fan of Sargent Seats I hope you took the time to pre-register on the Sargent website, in post #1, so that we can build up the number of interested NC owners. The more people that pre- register the quicker Sargent will respond with a seat.
Thanks for your support.

UPDATE!!!! On the Sargent Seat Development

I telephoned Sargent Cycles this morning and talked to Mark Todd who is responsible for Research & Development of new seat production at Sargent. We talked about how the pre-registering was going for the development of a seat for the 2012-13 Honda NC700X. He stated that over 70+ riders have pre-registered for this seat production in the USA and several hundred have pre-reistered in Europe/Asia. He said there seemed to be quite a interest in this bike and an improved seat was a major want.
A new seat pan for the NC700X is the first thing Sargent must do to produce this seat. There are two methods for doing this. 1. vacuum forming, which is fast and cheap, and 2. injection molding which is time intensive and much more expensive. Depending on the shape of the seat pan necessary to produce an improved seat, and the configuration of the NC's frame where the seat mounts will determine which method must be used for seat pan production. Mr. Todd is hopeful that they can use vacuum forming with will allow them to proceed at a quicker pace and allow for a lower selling price for the completed seat. Therefore a Sargent seat for the NC will be available more quickly than if injection molding is necessary.
I offered to send my stock NC seat to them so that they will have a hard sample to use for measuring and sampling and fitting. Mr. Todd told me that a Honda Dealer, near to their shop, will provide a NC700X for fitment and fine tuning the seat as it develops. If everything precedes without encountering any problems, or the need for injection molding, the new Sargent seat could be ready by late Winter 2013 or early Spring 2014.
If you haven't already pre-registerd for this seat project, and you want an improved seat for your bike, go to Post #1 of this Thread and complete the registration. Your Butt, and your friend's Butt will thank you. :rolleyes:

A new seat pan for the NC700X is the first thing Sargent must do to produce this seat.
Soooo, sounds like what they will sell off the shelf will bear little resemblance to the seats they have made for those who have done a ride in. Perhaps you didn't get into sufficient detail in your conversation but I'd thought those who did the ride ins were quite happy with their seat. Question is, then, why are they saying "new seat pan"? :confused:

I can see new seat pan as they remove a big obstacle to seat improvement. However, regardless of which method they use (vacuum vs. injection) I'm seeing dollar signs.

And, BTW, thanks for the update. Had been wondering. :)

Without a new seat pan you either have to send your seat to them or ride in like I did to get your seat modified. I would have liked mine wider at the back but the existing seat pan would not support the extra width. I am happy with the improvements they made but at the same time would have liked it more with what a new seat pan will allow and not having to take a day of vacation for the ride in. If I didn't have to be in the area for business it would have been 3 days vacation.

Much more important than how the seat pan is manufactured, is who will be the rider this seat will be made to fit? Honda likely attempted a one seat fits all approach, which obviously it does not. Will Seargent go for a seat that fits a 6'2" 260 pound rider, or a 5'6" 150 pound rider? If they go with a tall wide seat, they will miss out on the smaller rider, as did Seat Concepts.

I'm courious what research they have done as to the physical attributes and riding styles of their potential buyers.

Greg

Last edited:
Much more important than how the seat pan is manufactured, is who will be the rider this seat will be made to fit? Honda likely attempted a one seat fits all approach, which obviously it does not. Will Seargent go for a seat that fits a 6'2" 260 pound rider, or a 5'6" 150 pund rider? If they go with a tall wide seat, they will miss out on the smaller rider, as did Seat Concepts.

I'm courious what research they have done as to the physical attributes and riding styles of their potential buyers.

Greg

670's right about seat concepts, I would not buy one if you are short. You will not like the increase in ride height, and foot to ground clearance.

Back