• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Riding the nc700 after a goldwing

Hank

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a new Goldwing Friday. I plan to keep the NC700, as it is perfect for exploring back roads and trips to the store.
After riding the Goldwing I still think the NC is an amazing bike for the price.
Reliable, plenty of reasonable power, and I think it is a good looking bike.
I am also reminded how high it sits up!

Of course, cruise control, 1833 ccs, and electric windshield adjustment are pretty nice, too.
In sport mode the Goldwing is an absolute rocket. I thought I was going to get tossed off the back.

41A57470-90F3-4138-A549-9EA56A3F2AA3.jpg

Last edited:
It's nice to have two. I never thought I would have more than one, but some deals are too good to pass up.
I'm taking the NC on a 3,600 mile ride in July, but I still have the Yamaha FJR1300.

'nice to have a bike to ride when either one is in the shop! :)

I've never thought my NC's were not good for touring compared to the touring bikes I've owned just not optimal in extremes of weather or temperature. Sometimes the day or two before a long trip I'm still trying to make up my mind which bike to take.

Congratulations on the new bike. I don't own an 1833 but I've got nearly a 1000 miles on a DCT Tour just borrowing one for the weekend. Awesome machine. Two weeks ago a good friend and I spent a couple hundred miles hopping back and forth between the 2018 and my 2006 Goldwing. In some ways the older one is my favorite, in some ways the new one is.

It's nice to have two. I never thought I would have more than one, but some deals are too good to pass up.
I'm taking the NC on a 3,600 mile ride in July, but I still have the Yamaha FJR1300.

'nice to have a bike to ride when either one is in the shop! :)

Be careful.

For my first 30 some years of motorcycle ownership, I kept just one bike at a time. Then I felt like I was breaking some kind of sacred rule when I bought and kept a second bike. I eventually got used to that idea, and it was a slippery slope from that point on. I won’t say exactly how many bikes I have now, but it’s definitely more than two.

But you’re right, when one of them needs some mods or repairs or new tires, there’s always another one you can ride.

Last edited:
Be careful.

For my first 30 some years of motorcycle ownership, I kept just one bike at a time. Then I felt like I was breaking some kind of sacred rule when I bought and kept a second bike. I eventually got used to that idea, and it was a slippery slope from that point on. I won’t say exactly how many bikes I have now, but it’s definitely more than two.

But you’re right, when one of them needs some mods or repairs or new tires, there’s always another one you can ride.

Agree .....recent decision to sell the ST1300 was done after some real thought.

I bought a new Goldwing Friday. I plan to keep the NC700, as it is perfect for exploring back roads and trips to the store.
After riding the Goldwing I still think the NC is an amazing bike for the price.
Reliable, plenty of reasonable power, and I think it is a good looking bike.
I am also reminded how high it sits up!

Of course, cruise control, 1833 ccs, and electric windshield adjustment are pretty nice, too.
In sport mode the Goldwing is an absolute rocket. I thought I was going to get tossed off the back.

View attachment 36582

I fell you. My other bike is big BMW (2015 K1600 GTLE). My NC is DCT so It is so easy to ride even with sandals :) lol.

Matt Kas

Chandler, AZ
2016 NC700X ABS DCT
2015 BMW K1600 GTLE

Back