• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ride to an interview?

motocommuter

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all. First off, this forum will be an awesome resource for these bikes as I do all my own maintenance. I truly appreciate all of the informative answers to other posts given thus far. Second, I know this question has no definite yes or no answer. I have a job interview tomorrow that I really want to land. I really want to ride the bike but am unsure about the first impression it gives. It is a 3.5 hour ride in high 70 degree weather. It will be through some very bueatifull country side. I have very short hair, so helmet head will be minimal if at all and I will be dressed professional under my gear. It is an upper level blue collar job. Meaning, most have a degree but it is not nessasary and I will work with my hands half of the time. If I drive my Jeep, it will cost me over $100 or $25 with the bike. Also, I will have to ride through San Jose to get there. Thanks in advance for any advice.

TAKE YOUR CAR!!! You want to look and be at your best. Wrinkled (possibly sweaty) clothes from under your riding gear will not impress. Nor will the smells of the road. Ever been caught behind a vehicle burning oil or gas? That's what you will smell like.

Plus, at that distance, your overall safety comes into play. I love riding my bikes whenever I get the chance, but I have never considered taking one for a job interview for the reasons I stated.

Good luck!

Wait, will the interview be at a motorcycle dealership? You mentioned blue collar, work with hands, nice clothes under riding gear, 70 degree weather, beautiful countryside. I'd take the bike. Just a dissenting opinion.

Thanks for the responses. Not a motorcycle dealership though. I am a power plant operator. Half the time I'm wrenching, the other half is technical work. My gut says to take the Jeep like I always have, but I ride everywhere. I actually get sad when I have to drive. So boring.

Well, interview went great. Plant manager said I aced it! As it turns out, everyone on the interview team (3 managers) commutes on a motorcycle. Go figure. We talked motorcycle for 10 minutes!

Back