• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Information Pulled Front Fender Off 2014 NC700X

HondaPilot

Reaction score
Visit site
Took the front fender off last night. I like the way this looks much better and don’t think it will make much of a difference other that when I ride through water.

I don’t ride off road often enough to worry about rocks and worst case I have to replace the radiator than so be it.

Attachments

• IMG_3708.jpeg
    IMG_3708.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3707.jpeg
    IMG_3707.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 31
I like the look better too but where I live chip and seal roads are still pretty common. Even with a radiator guard I wouldn’t trust it

Oh yes I have one. I do like the fenderless look though.
Mine came with a real carbon fender extender but it was epoxied on and not very well, and started to come off so I removed it. Then, last night I had a vision, without the fender on and it looked awesome so I removed it, left the “X” brace underneath it on there, posted and then learned the Rad is $700!

Here in AZ it’s a must have. I rode 170 miles in 116*F/~47*C a few weeks back and that was an experience. When I got off the fan was running and I left the key in it until the fan went off. Was on a nearly vacant highway most of the way and was stupid to not have upper armor on but I did have jeans, boots, gloves, helmet.

Anyhow I digress, I may get a rad guard… any suggestions???? I don’t want to block airflow…

Mine came with a real carbon fender extender but it was epoxied on and not very well, and started to come off so I removed it. Then, last night I had a vision, without the fender on and it looked awesome so I removed it, left the “X” brace underneath it on there, posted and then learned the Rad is $700!

Here in AZ it’s a must have. I rode 170 miles in 116*F/~47*C a few weeks back and that was an experience. When I got off the fan was running and I left the key in it until the fan went off. Was on a nearly vacant highway most of the way and was stupid to not have upper armor on but I did have jeans, boots, gloves, helmet.

Anyhow I digress, I may get a rad guard… any suggestions???? I don’t want to block airflow…
T. rex racing is good for large debris and has a more open design. I use an R&G racing brand unit that works well but I don’t live in the desert either

Leaving the fan on with the engine not running doesn't cool the engine. It only cooled the radiator and the coolant sitting motionless in the radiator.

It's possible to make your own radiator guard out of the piece of expanded steel. This material doesn't block much air flow. I bought a piece at the hardware store and cut a rectangle the size of the radiator. Spray painted it black then I took rubber fuel line and cut two pieces as long as the sides that bear against the tanks on each side of the radiator. These serve to insulate the steel guard from rubbing on the aluminum tanks. Zip ties in the four corners secures it to the radiator. I made one for my 2012 and the 2015.

Back