• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Replacement brake/clutch lever

I put those on mine and really like them. I have small hands so I need adjustable levers. Mine came from a U.S. supplier tho, I didn't want to wait for shipping from China.

I would not buy the shorties myself, but that's my personal preference. The ones you show in your link have the adjustable length slider, I see. On those I found the squarish edge shapes to be definitely less comfortable in the hands than the stock contoured levers, although with thick gloves it might not be bad.

I would advise caution on the folding style levers. These Chinese made eBay levers are actually machined well, but they fit a little loose. The looseness at the main pivot is tolerable, but when you add another joint for the folding option, you just end up with a sloppy, wiggly control lever. YMMV, however

Greg

Last edited:
captdirt,
Which vendor did you use in the USA to purchase your adjustable levers for the NC 700? I'm interested and don't want to use China.
Thanks

Short levers are handy if you are going to use hand guards. If not, the longer ones are probably more comfortable for most people.

I looked back in my paypal and the seller id was speedstersk. It doesn't look like he is selling right now. VTX 1300, CBR, CB levers all fit.

Some people have had issues with the aftermarket levers, (I think specifically the ebay types) where they don't contact the microswitch for the brake lights correctly. I think in some cases it damaged the switch in others the brake lights either stayed on or failed to come on when braking.

I still have the stock ones on. Been a little leary of changing them out with the issues people have been having. I think Lee (aka Beemerphile) has a set of good ones, but I can't remember which brand he went with.

The reach is not an issue for me. What strikes me is how narrow the stock levers are. I have one bike with abnormally wide, top to bottom / up and down, levers, and they just feel better on the hands, In the back of my mind is a what if question. What if I cover the stock levers with JB epoxy / steel and shape them to wide levers? Hmmm I just might.

I'm considering replacing the levers? Should I go with shorty's or long ones?What do you think about these ebay adjustable's?

http://bit.ly/1a1PIWG

I have similar ones (short, black/black and non-folding, as I am putting Barkbusters on soon) on my watchlist, same seller as far as I remember.

I think someone had them already on DCT bike (Jay?) and was giving away the clutch lever for free.

I would not buy the shorties myself, but that's my personal preference. The ones you show in your link have the adjustable length slider, I see.

+1. for shorties.

Try some after market levers

The handles are like the foot pegs, to narrow.
I just purchased and installed a set of Kanaya long aluminum adjustable levers. The quality is very good and the installation was straight forward. I like the look, feel and adjustability of these levers.
I bought them from Webike. Delivery from Japan took less than a week. Great service.:cool:

I need to replace my clutch lever...BOB (the bike) tumbled on the switch back coming up the driveway.
Any thoughts on foldable levers? I will eventually look at getting Bark Busters so is it worth the extra cost?
Are they reliable?
My old bike had a few no speed tumbles. I can't really see this changing. Lots of odd angled, up/down hill gravel driveways out here (it couldn't be my skills of course)...
Am I better to swallow my pride and have the local dealer get me an OEM one?
Or buy adjustable ones off of eBay? I have relatively small hands (being 5 foot 3). I've managed regular ones without too much of a problem.

I need to replace my clutch lever...BOB (the bike) tumbled on the switch back coming up the driveway.
Any thoughts on foldable levers? I will eventually look at getting Bark Busters so is it worth the extra cost?
Are they reliable?
My old bike had a few no speed tumbles. I can't really see this changing. Lots of odd angled, up/down hill gravel driveways out here (it couldn't be my skills of course)...
Am I better to swallow my pride and have the local dealer get me an OEM one?
Or buy adjustable ones off of eBay? I have relatively small hands (being 5 foot 3). I've managed regular ones without too much of a problem.

You can have my stock clutch lever for the cost of postage. PM with address if you want it.

I would recommend barkbysters or something similar if you expect to have a lot of tumbles like that. You will get tired of.replacing levers ...

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

The plan was to get some bark busters before the winter. When I went down to see Dale (Hondapro) to get my skid plate he had both bark busters and folding levers on his bike. Is there any advantage to this?

Beemerphile,I'll give you a shout when I get back from my holidays and see if we can make something work. I'm a little north of you (in Canada) so it my be a bit more of a hassle for you.

Ps I'm glad to see you back on the forum, and hope your surgery went well....
PSS... How come you have a spare lever....what do you have on your bike

Back