• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Remiss in posting

I've lived in Florida since 1956 and I can't remember them all. Stouter building codes after Andrew have certainly helped the insurance companies but it's still tidal surge and flooding that kills the most victims. Since we can't go back and tell people you can't live in your house you built years ago in areas prone to flooding the best you can do is prevent new construction in those areas.

Last edited:
I've lived in Florida since 1956 and I can't remember them all. Stouter building codes after Andrew have certainly helped the insurance companies but it's still tidal surge and flooding that kills the most victims. Since we can't go back and tell people you can't live in your house you built years ago in areas prone to flooding the best you can do is prevent new construction in those areas.

I beat you by a year...I was a little punk and it's all my parent's fault or I'd have been here sooner if it were up to me. My Dad was trying to get back in the Army for the Korean war and he was too old so we moved to Winter Park and started building houses.

Agree with the old buildings a lot of which were just shacks and the old folks wouldn't leave them or they had a neighborhood hurricane party and had a bit too much rum.

Hey gang, I’ve also been remiss in riding and posting. Had both knees replaced last year, one in June and the second in December. This after prostate surgery in April no less when I was forbidden to ride after that for six weeks. So- back on the bike for a four hour Saturday ride yesterday morning in the rolling hills of northwest Florida and southeast Alabama. Blue skies, high of 74. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Hey gang, I’ve also been remiss in riding and posting. Had both knees replaced last year, one in June and the second in December. This after prostate surgery in April no less when I was forbidden to ride after that for six weeks. So- back on the bike for a four hour Saturday ride yesterday morning in the rolling hills of northwest Florida and southeast Alabama. Blue skies, high of 74. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.
GOOD on ya Ross!!!

I'm 55 miles South of the Grand Canyon at 3750' so It's a bit cooler at 55F now headed for 70's and 18% humidity and I'm very tempted to pull the NC out of the shed later. Was out on my DRZ 400 last night so I still remember how to ride.

=Great to hear you are on the mend...good luck and ride safe!!!

Back