• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Red fuel light stays on when bike is off?

celtsguy81

Reaction score
Visit site
Earlier today I ran into my first low gas situation and noticed the E bar was flashing red/black. I got gas and when I got home, I noticed tht when I shut off the bike the red bar still shows even though when the bike is on its solid black (since I have a full tank).

Anyone seen this? Can I reset something somewhere or do I need to bring it back to the dealer?

The red bar showing when the bike is off is normal. Its a trick. The red bar is always present as it's "painted" on the LCD screen background. This is a cheap way of getting a colored flash when only using a black and clear LCD panel.

The red/black flashing bar is really a clear/opaque flash in the LCD glass, while the red bar is obtained by being ever present behind the LCD glass on the silver reflective background. Even if you look at the bar when it's black, you can still kinda see the red behind it.

Greg

Thanks for asking the question, celtsguy81.

I'd wondered the same thing myself but, since it did not seem to bother anything (e.g. all bars appear black after a fill up and the last bar "blinks" when approaching empty), I just figured it was a "feature" (similar to something in the IT S/W world that the programmers think is cool but the users, not so much) and just ignored it. But now I know!

Hmmm.... ok. That make sense. I guess I just didn't notice it before. Glad to hear its not a big deal. Thanks!

Back