• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rear Shocks. List the available Brands, models, and costs

Hyperpros website that's hard to navigate.
I have an inquiry about ohlins with integrated preload and free shipping

Hyperpros website that's hard to navigate.
I have an inquiry about ohlins with integrated preload and free shipping

Thanks, I gave up in tears trying to find what I wanted, lol

If ever I do need something from there, maybe I'll send you a few bucks to act as my translator, hahaha :eek:

Well I've gone and done it...:eek:

Bit the bullet and made my choice, Go big or go home, as they say. I have dug down waaaay below "poor house" and smoking ruin of a Visa card level. If anybody sees a News story in the papers or on TV with a man on motorbike trying to evade Black Market Organ sellers in Canuckland because he reneged on the deal to sell his innards, that'd be me, lol :rolleyes:

But hopefully I'll be running away on a really soft and cushy suspended motorbike ;)

Lee, do arrows hurt real bad, or can one shrug 'em off?

Well I've gone and done it...:eek:

Bit the bullet and made my choice, Go big or go home, as they say. I have dug down waaaay below "poor house" and smoking ruin of a Visa card level. If anybody sees a News story in the papers or on TV with a man on motorbike trying to evade Black Market Organ sellers in Canuckland because he reneged on the deal to sell his innards, that'd be me, lol :rolleyes:

But hopefully I'll be running away on a really soft and cushy suspended motorbike ;)

Lee, do arrows hurt real bad, or can one shrug 'em off?

And the choice is....?

And the choice is....?

I was going to leave it as a teaser/surprise, but it won't be arriving for about a month I'm guessing, so that's probably too long, eh?

Nitron NTR Track- 2 way adjustable, set up with spring rate and valving ratio of combined compression/rebound damping for my weight and riding conditions expected. (225lbs +/- and off road washboard gravel mostly)

Configuration model:
M-14/40-H-GS-D2-L-HP1

M= Monotube
14= Diametre of piston rod in mm
40= Diametre of piston in mm
H= Remote gas reservoir attached by hose
GS= Gas Separator style piston vs Emulsion
D2= Combined 24 click rebound/compression adjuster on bottom of shock+16 click independent compression adjuster on the remote reservoir
L= Length adjustable (ride height of shock)
HP-1= Remote Hydraulic Preload adjuster attached by hose

Should roughly look like this, complete with ghastly Robin's egg blue spring, lol. (curiously enough, they want a fortune for changing to a black coloured spring, one that despite all this moolah I'm forking out, I balked at having to pay)

image.jpg

I've suspended you long enough (guffah), the cost...:eek: *gulp* $941.00 US shipped

I'm justifying it as my Christmas present to myself ;)

Nice pick.... I settled for the basic Ohlins for $516.21 shipped from propilotsuspension.com

I inquired about that first (thanks, btw) but got no joy unfortunately.They said they didn't have any in stock; would have to check ETA for any more. Didn't let me know anything about price or shipping costs etc. Never did hear back. :( ( I'm not blaming anybody there, they're probably very busy, but I'm just too impatient...)

The Pak-Meister dude (NeedForSpeed (Mike) on ADV) was, however, available to answer all my questions instantly (at 4:00am my time!! lol. I was up late) and gave me super detailed info about all I needed to know.

That they had a variety of choices in stock ready for custom building, an awesome selection, good prices (+ ADV member discount in October) were willing to ship with USPS instead of UPS (die, UPS, die!) and provided instant email response, well that's where my money went. :)

I caved on my thoughts of getting the most practical and economical model (very similar to the Ohlins spec and cost) and was totally seduced by the shiny bits on the more farkled out model...:rolleyes: :eek:

Here here to that. UPS Sucks in Canada.

Can't wait for the ride report. Those look awesome.

J...

"An LBS and his money are soon parted" lol

Not that I require much of a nudge in that direction anyway, but it was a bit of temporary insanity to go that overboard with a shock, I admit...

I can't imagine it will be 5 times more noticeably better comparing the cost/benefit ratio to the Ricor fork valves, but I am sure to be able to note a big change for the better, I hope! :eek:

So what was the word? How does the new shock compare to the stock?!?!

:eek:

It's still in the box...

I have been really slacking 'cause the temperatures out in my "shop" (the frozen/muddy grass in the backyard lol) have been conspiring to keep me indoors. I suppose I could put up a tarp over it for snow or frozen rain, but my enthusiasm for working out in that stuff gets less every year I get older, sigh.

:eek:

It's still in the box...

I have been really slacking 'cause the temperatures out in my "shop" (the frozen/muddy grass in the backyard lol) have been conspiring to keep me indoors. I suppose I could put up a tarp over it for snow or frozen rain, but my enthusiasm for working out in that stuff gets less every year I get older, sigh.

Okay buddy, It's been months… How does the shock swap hold up, compared to the investment???

My observation is that it's sacked out and over damped, causing sluggish response.

Oh wait, does that describe the shock, or L.B.S.? ;)

Last edited:
Oi! I heard that!

lol haahahaha :D

Day to day riding on pavement, I don't really notice a huge difference. I actually felt more of an immediate change going to the Ricor valves in the front forks, as far as that goes.

I'm not put off by this however, as my whole reason for the shock change was really for the specifics of washboard gravel while loaded up for camping. A few thousand km's of that was brutal, last year. :eek:

So. I haven't yet had my holidays this year to go on any trip, and my time/money has been at low ebb for weekend off road jaunts. That's where things stand at the moment, but I will for sure report back when I can offer up my impressions. :)

My biggest issue is street/highway roads in LA and Hollywood areas. They are tore up !! Potholes , cracks, sections jutting straight up, and everything everywhere. My lower back, and compressing spine are paying the price… I try to use my legs to absorb the hits, but you can't always see them coming in time….

I'm riding about 1200 miles/month through these streets/freeways… I need something to soften the impacts… :confused:

Any new options or deals around? At 35k my rear shock has about had it. It isn't bouncy yet, but the compression damping has gone to crap, I bottom it out a couple times just commuting to work with a light load. I kept upping the preload, but it's time for a new part.

The thought of having to spend $500+ makes me a little sick when I can get an entire set of 4 adjustable shocks for my car at that price, but I suppose it's money well spent in the long run.

trey

Any new options or deals around? At 35k my rear shock has about had it. It isn't bouncy yet, but the compression damping has gone to crap, I bottom it out a couple times just commuting to work with a light load. I kept upping the preload, but it's time for a new part.

The thought of having to spend $500+ makes me a little sick when I can get an entire set of 4 adjustable shocks for my car at that price, but I suppose it's money well spent in the long run.

trey

If it makes you feel any better, my shock was about $1,100.00 after the smoke cleared. That is well over half of my monthly take home pay :eek:

...but, I was super happy and made good use of it on my trip last summer over a few thousand KM's of nasty washboard gravel roads, and look forward to many more miles of harsh use, that had me wincing with the OEM shock behaving like a pogo stick :D

Back