• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rain riding mods?

Coming though San Antonio on I-10 in rain a few years back. Had to change lanes for the Houston exit. The lane markers were rectangular ceramic tiles. They looked great and stylish in the rain. However, the back tire found one of these ceramic tiles and within a split second the back tire was trying to pass the front tire. Sort of like high speed flat tracking except on concrete. When I was young and my frontal cortex had not developed completely, I did some flat tracking on a Harley sprint. This was the feeling except this time it was on a Goldwing. Turned against the slide as I had been taught to do when racing, but just kept on sliding. Somehow the back tire hit a rough spot in the concrete that snapped the bike back to the normal riding configuration. Believe me my riding skills had nothing to do with this save.

The one thing I will never forget about this adventure was that in this driving rain, a lady who had to be at less 80 years old in the right lane next to me rolled down her window and yield "Great Riding Skills". "Heck" I screamed back "just lucky".

Lesson is watch out for those ceramic tiles in the rain!

Back