• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

R&G Radiator Guard

Beemerphile

#1 Elite
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not much to report here. It looks like it will work well enough, but I was non-plussed considering the cost. Again, a provided bolt was too short. The bolt they provide for the right side used a nylon lock nut, and the bolt is not long enough for the nut to get to the nylon. Ergo, no lock. So again I substituted a longer bolt from the small parts bin. The bottom of the guard is held on with a zip tie. I substituted two smaller ones used together because it was easier to thread through the openings. They provide the adhesive foam strips as rattle preventers to be affixed to the back side of the guard. Guess I'll keep it, but it should have been about half the cost.

DSC00448.jpgDSC00449.jpgDSC00450.jpgDSC00451.jpg

I have to say after receiving and installing my R&G guard I was also disappointed with the price. For $85 the supplied bolt should have been the proper length, I should not have had to cut my own foam strips, and at full lock the fork touches the guard. I will be cutting my own relief so that the forks do not touch. If it were $30 I would not be complaining about any of this as they are small complaints, but for $85 it should be good to go out of the box!

Re: R&G Radiator Guard

I have to say after receiving and installing my R&G guard I was also disappointed with the price. For $85 the supplied bolt should have been the proper length, I should not have had to cut my own foam strips, and at full lock the fork touches the guard. I will be cutting my own relief so that the forks do not touch. If it were $30 I would not be complaining about any of this as they are small complaints, but for $85 it should be good to go out of the box!
Odd that, never heard of fork touching the guard before

Tony

I agree with everything reported so far on the R&G radiator guard. Fortunately I got my guard at a lower price than list.

Yes, my forks hit the guard gently but evenly at either steering lock. I guess that indicates my NC's frame was built straight!

R&G budgeted more for the pretty box than the enclosed hardware.

I confess I haven't sat down and looked at the space between the radiator and the fork stanchions when fully turned left or right, but I'm somewhat afraid that if there's so little distance in the first place that a thin cover gets hit, does that mean a small spill that tweaks the forks could damage the rad to the point of failure?

I don't like the sound of that...:eek:

Same meanings about price, shorter bolt, thinner foam.

I used more thick foam to increase the space between the guard and the radiator.

B.R.

AW: R&G Radiator Guard

I pay 55Euro
This is to much, but the Guard is good quality, i think.

Klaus

Back