• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

quick airhawk 2 question

The Airhawk DS model is narrower and slightly shorter than the Airhawk 2 cruiser medium. The one I saw on a forum member's bike at Hillbilly Hangout fit the stock NC seat perfectly. I never rode on it but it looked like the best fit.

I had a airhawk 2 and it feels like sitting on top of a beach ball to me too which I did not like. Switch out the air bladder with just foam and it felt better with out the beach ball feel. It really soaked up the bumps on the interstates. Ended up get a shad seat which works much better than either method I tried with the airhawk.

I had a airhawk 2 and it feels like sitting on top of a beach ball to me too which I did not like. Switch out the air bladder with just foam and it felt better with out the beach ball feel. It really soaked up the bumps on the interstates. Ended up get a shad seat which works much better than either method I tried with the airhawk.
You probably had way too much air in it. AirHawks work well but only with just a bit of air in them. if you are rolling around on it too much air.

Btw I forgot to mention I have the Corbin seat, and when it is warm, I throw my bead rider on top of the hawk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Airhawk DS model is narrower and slightly shorter than the Airhawk 2 cruiser medium. The one I saw on a forum member's bike at Hillbilly Hangout fit the stock NC seat perfectly. I never rode on it but it looked like the best fit.

Hey 670 , that might have been the DS you seen on my bike. I have the large and med from previous bikes. Tried them and found the DS to be the best fit and most comfortable. However being there's no 2 rear ends with the same anatomy , one may want to ask a dealer to try each size before making a purchase.

You probably had way too much air in it. AirHawks work well but only with just a bit of air in them. if you are rolling around on it too much air.

This is the #1 mistake MOST people new to the Airhawk make.. they put way too much air in it.. you should just about feel the seat when your sitting on them.. I liked to always bottom out on the seat when I leaned into a turn I kept the air that low and it was perfect.

One other thing you need to watch out for with an air hawk... CATS!! They will try to lay on them... and as you know... a cat MUST fluff up anything they lay on first with their CLAWS.... I lost my first air hawk to my cat...... so be sure to protect your airhawk from cats.... or you won't have it long...

I have an Air Hawk 2 that I purchased originally for a DRZ 400. It then moved on to a KTM 690 Enduro, and it will shortly move again to my newly acquired CRF250L. I actually like that it is wide enough to extend over the edges of an offroad seat. Part of the problem is that offroad seats are too narrow and as such can act as a wedge on the backside. The wider Hawk combats this somewhat. Obviously an Airhawk is not used on trails, but only on the long road journeys to get to trailheads.

When punctured Air Hawks can be fixed. I have used Evo-Stik Serious Glue on mine which developed leaks at two of the joints of the bladder. It worked perfectly. As mine is now quite old I do expect some further leaks, so I carry a small tube of that glue with me when using the Hawk and it can be fixed overnight. I think this glue is polyeurathane based and that is possibly why it works. However any similar type of glue should also work, such as the stuff used to fix wet suits.

I have the Airhawk R cruiser. I think the R means a channel up the middle with no pockets, which is comfortable.
I think mine is a small - the R only seems to come in large or smalll.
It is definitely smaller than the pictures posted on here.
I bought a smaller one for the reason mentioned above, I did not want extra width.
In the picture below it is on top of a Sargent seat, not the stock.

I also did install some pegs on my SW Motech crash bars. They are quite inconspicuous (I painted them black.)
I don't use them much, but they are a nice alternative if my knees start aching. Actually the change in position helps the butt, too.

YouTube of my mods. https://youtu.be/wrgcIEAIkWs

IMG_0060.jpg

For me anything that adds more than a smidgen of width or height also impacts my foot/leg reach to terra firma, but I'm pretty much settled anyway with the addition of the Sit & Fly [Sit&Fly] seat cover over either stock seat or soon, Shad Comfort Seat...

Had to patch my 8 year old Airhawk yesterday. Patch working great. I only used if for a week when I first got it but didnt like being up so high and I was doing a lot of offroad which was like riding on a marshmellow. I have used it everyday since on my office chair and when I go on long international flights! When it went flat my office chair was useless. Guess I might try it on the NC, but even slightly inflated the extra 1/2" of height could be a problem.

Another question about Air Hawks:
Is the big Air Hawk banner on the side of the cover a separate piece of material that can be cut off? I just want a black pad without all the advertising on the side.

51575_1.jpg

It's sewed on.

So, if i were to cut the banner along it's edges or remove the stitching that's just for the banner, I'd still have an intact cushion cover?

Durn yur hide! Made me go out in the shed to look! Lol!
You would be better off just sewing a black cover over their embroidered logo.

I've used an Air Hawk medium for many years/miles. I am satisfied with it. The cover color does lighten up over time. I remove the bladder and use it as a seat cushion at spectator events and on long car trips.

If I were to get the AirHawk 2, I can't decide between the AirHawk Dual Sport or the R Small for the Front Seat and then what about the PILLION ? - is anyone using AirHawk for the passenger seat? I welcome some advice to steer me in the right direction. I'm deciding between AirHawk and SHAD but at this point I'm more inclined to just throw on some AirHawk pads on both seats.

Back