• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

quick airhawk 2 question

I was thinking of trying the small or the DS (the medium looks too big to me in davidc83's pic. Thanks for posting it, BTW). Still not sold on it due to the cost and a lot of negative reviews.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between "Small" and Small Cruiser"? The Airhawk Web site is no help.

Last edited:
Do any of you guys get these airhawk seat thingies other than for their first intended purpose of a seat pad?

ie: helping out with seat to peg distance for knee bend angle.

For some reason (well old age I guess, lol) :)() my knees have been getting decidedly cranky more and more, and not even on the bike. Walking, going up and down stairs and even sitting in my office chair, I'm getting noticeable annoyance/pain from the traitorous things.

My knees are the very first thing to go on me, when riding. Not my butt. I don't want lower pegs, because I'm already hitting metal in corners on pavement and catching them on rocks and stuff off road.

But I don't want a taller all the time seat either, for everyday schlepping about the city. I'm thinking one of these gizmos might be good to give a wee bit of height when I know I'm going to be riding all day or for several days in a row maybe, but simply unstraps when I'm just riding around for shorter periods?

I had the same problem with my BMW, so before long rides I temporarily strapped to the seat a couple layers cut from one of those camping Ridgerest sleeping pads. It helped with the knee bend a bit on longer days.

Does the air pad allow for a 3/4 or 1" worth of height without other undue side effects? I've heard they can be too strange feeling when inflated past a point?

Yes LBS, that's the reason I still have mine. I originally got because of the NC a$$ torture device. It helped a LOT for that. The knee thing was a bonus.
I don't have the NC anymore but kept the Medium Cruiser Air Hawk pad for the Super Tenere. In addition,
I suggest getting some highway pegs so you have more options in leg movement.

Yes LBS, that's the reason I still have mine. I originally got because of the NC a$$ torture device. It helped a LOT for that. The knee thing was a bonus.
I don't have the NC anymore but kept the Medium Cruiser Air Hawk pad for the Super Tenere. In addition,
I suggest getting some highway pegs so you have more options in leg movement.

Yes! I've always shied away from the highway pegs thing on aesthetics alone, but the last few trips have had me longingly flapping my legs about in front of me in pretend positions of where they should be, if installed... hahahaha

My buddy with his 2012 Super Ten does the same thing, seen in my mirrors, lol. "Ahroo, what is he doing way back there? Ah!"

*leg flap* *boots drag on pavement* *stand up auuugh-my-butt-is-killing-me stretch*

Do any of you guys get these airhawk seat thingies other than for their first intended purpose of a seat pad?

For some reason (well old age I guess, lol) :)() my knees have been getting decidedly cranky more and more, and not even on the bike. Walking, going up and down stairs and even sitting in my office chair, I'm getting noticeable annoyance/pain from the traitorous things.

My knees are the very first thing to go on me, when riding. Not my butt. I don't want lower pegs, because I'm already hitting metal in corners on pavement and catching them on rocks and stuff off road.

But I don't want a taller all the time seat either, for everyday schlepping about the city. I'm thinking one of these gizmos might be good to give a wee bit of height when I know I'm going to be riding all day or for several days in a row maybe, but simply unstraps when I'm just riding around for shorter periods?

I had the same problem with my BMW, so before long rides I temporarily strapped to the seat a couple layers cut from one of those camping Ridgerest sleeping pads. It helped with the knee bend a bit on longer days.

Does the air pad allow for a 3/4 or 1" worth of height without other undue side effects? I've heard they can be too strange feeling when inflated past a point?

Yes the medium cruiser is what you need.
And for you L.B.S. if you're in doubts stop by get my for a weekend test and decide if you need one for your knees...

my case is well know on this forum.lol numb bum syndrome!!!
I couldn't get away with air hawk seat so numb bummy is something I'll have get use to.
now about knee problem well I dont have that but what I did suffer with on one bike namely ER6F was I had problems with hip!
my hips use to ache and stiffen up on that bike.
no matter what I did to that bike it did not work.
I had the seat redone twice the second time I had it raised rather high to try and give me leg room also I put taller handle bars neither worked.
it almost killed biking for me and I was about to give it all up because I was so p*ss*d off with the whole thing.
but my good lady said don't give up and here I am.
I find the NC very comfortable apart from odd numb bum..
no matter how I try I cannot love the looks of the 'X'.
I've always regretted in selling my Fazer 600 so my next bike all being well is the Tracer 700 which is similar to the Fazer.
I'll leave at that before this post get side tracked onto something else.

I have the medium cruiser size for my Wee Strom. Glad to know it will fit the NC when I fly to NY next week to ride it home!

I have the medium cruiser, and even at the recommended (partial) inflation it adds noticeable height to the seat. I checked mine on a flat surface and judged it added 3/4" with a comfortable inflation.

yea, with 1/4" to 1/2" of air in them, to me it feels just right; however, more than that and they feel like sitting on top of a beach ball (remember that when we were kids, getting beach balls and sitting on them-how unstable they were) and it feels like you are sliding around a lot on top of it. The air pad does raise you slightly higher in the seat-of course, depends on how much air you put in it. Very easy to raise and lower the amount of air in the pad though-like seconds.. until you find that perfect spot for you.

Just want to throw in an alternative to Airhawks called "Tourtecs". Motorcycle Comfort Seat Cushion Tourtecs Air M
Works the same way as Airhawks, but costs only a third.
Unfortunaltly no idea how avaiability may be in the US.

For attaching ... they are propably fixed under the seat, so you'd have to remove the seat to attach it ... not as easy with the NC.

I found the slight seat height increase very nice for my knees, too. It doesn't lift you up much, at least not if you want it to be comfortable, but it's nice nonetheless.

The Airhawk is fairly simply strapped to the seat.

Well I bought the Airhawk-2 med-cruiser size, and for a couple of hours I thought it was the 'Cat's Meow', with just a bit of air in it.
HOWEVER!... After more time in saddle I've now learned that my small-(ish) body frame doesn't like the Med-Cruiser size because the pad hangs over the side of the front area of seat slightly, and when I sit on it, the air goes to the air bags in the spots hanging over the side first and tries to pry my thighs apart! Now, if I wanted to ride and get a pseudo-Thigh Master workout, GREAT! Otherwise, for me, It's GARBAGE!
I may look at a smaller size, but I have a feeling if want to use the NCX for any long touring, I'm going to need another seat.. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Back