• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question for wilderness campers

I will be sure to have a riding partner with a limp or disability if I head up in Bear country... thanks for the idea! ;-)
I have a limp and so many busted parts that slow me down more and more every year. So you could take me with you. But don't take it for granted that you would win a foot race if a bear was involved. Maybe you will get the bear spray first and then the bear. Lol
But I'm keeping my pistol on me and will save the last bullet for myself. This guy won't be a free meal!

Bear cautions

I just returned from a camping trip to Alaska, via BC and the Yukon. I always ride for an hour or so after stopping for supper. That means when I stop for the night there are NO food smells around my camp. Besides, after a day of riding, bears can smell you from a mile away. No food smell and bad rider smell mean I have never been visited by a bear. Of course, there are always the exception of old, mean bears. For these I also carry a can of bear spray - but have never used it. More likely I will someday use it on a redneck hassling me in a remote campsite.

Back