• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

puig windscreen

I am 6' 5" so I guess any windshield is not really going to help. I really don't like the really tall ones so I will leave the stock one on for now.

I am 6' 5" so I guess any windshield is not really going to help. I really don't like the really tall ones so I will leave the stock one on for now.

+2 In the same boat with you...............little bigger is good as it gets...........and that's OK

My Puig was delivered today! The packing was horrible and the box was crushed a bit, but looks like no damage! Will install and give a full review with pics soon.

Put the Puig on the bike last night. Very EZ install using stock screws and wellnuts. I was surprised that the screws holding the stock screen were not very tight and suspect that some people are having trouble with their wellnuts due to overtightening. Went for a 120 mile ride today to test out the screen. The first thing I noticed was a little more wind noise. I guess that's to be expected...bigger screen pushing more wind = more noise! Not a big deal to me. The stock screen gave me protection up to my lower neck. The Puig directs the air to just over the top of my helmet...perfect! I'm 6' tall btw. No buffering. I didn't really mess with adjusting the wing because the initial setting I chose worked so well. I think for local day rides I will keep the stock screen on and use the Puig for roadtrips. I give this screen an 8.5 out of a possible 10. Here's a link to how adjustable the wing is.
Puig Vario screen spoiler review by MotoRAID.eu.MOV - DragTimes.com
here is hopefully some pics or check the forum gallery in mods section
http://s1273.beta.photobucket.com/u...rt=3&o=0&_suid=136045562375001309022953892281

Last edited:
+2 In the same boat with you...............little bigger is good as it gets...........and that's OK

i am working on a new windshield, that uses the Honda touring shield aluminum mount, and don't laugh, a Honda gl1800 windshield with the Honda vent in it, i am 6.4 , i think i can cut this shield to fit the touring mount, it has almost the same curve, i can roto zip it to the exact shape i want, and have a vent for summer time, waiting for a damaged one to come in to try it.. dale

i am working on a new windshield, that uses the Honda touring shield aluminum mount, and don't laugh, a Honda gl1800 windshield with the Honda vent in it, i am 6.4 , i think i can cut this shield to fit the touring mount, it has almost the same curve, i can roto zip it to the exact shape i want, and have a vent for summer time, waiting for a damaged one to come in to try it.. dale

Sounds good Dale. I'm always interested in your projects! Please keep us posted.

6'5" didya ma put yo on a stretcha ;)
The+rack.jpg

Very cool and interesting. Now if only it can be motorized for on-the-fly adjustment :)

Put the Puig on the bike last night. Very EZ install using stock screws and wellnuts. I was surprised that the screws holding the stock screen were not very tight and suspect that some people are having trouble with their wellnuts due to overtightening. Went for a 120 mile ride today to test out the screen. The first thing I noticed was a little more wind noise. I guess that's to be expected...bigger screen pushing more wind = more noise! Not a big deal to me. The stock screen gave me protection up to my lower neck. The Puig directs the air to just over the top of my helmet...perfect! I'm 6' tall btw. No buffering. I didn't really mess with adjusting the wing because the initial setting I chose worked so well. I think for local day rides I will keep the stock screen on and use the Puig for roadtrips. I give this screen an 8.5 out of a possible 10. Here's a link to how adjustable the wing is.
puig04_zps89634ad3.jpeg Photo by crsears01 | Photobucket

How tall are you? Do you see through or over the screen? How's the turbulence and buffeting around your helmet?

How tall are you? Do you see through or over the screen? How's the turbulence and buffeting around your helmet?

http://s1273.beta.photobucket.com/us...09022953892281

I look over the screen.

Last edited:
Craig,

I have the Honda tall screen on mine. I'm 5' 8" and noticed that the wind noise is less. One thing I've noticed is on some days I have absolutely no buffeting (the air goes right over my helmet) while other days I feel air pushing up under my helmet.

I'm quite happy with the Honda screen but need to figure out why the buffeting occurs on certain occasions/maybe even direction/wind speed, etc.?

We've had some windy days lately Ron. Those crosswinds will mess with ya!!! I'm gettin out for a 220 mile loop tomorrow...no wind, to speak of, and perfect weather...wanna come?

We've had some windy days lately Ron. Those crosswinds will mess with ya!!! I'm gettin out for a 220 mile loop tomorrow...no wind, to speak of, and perfect weather...wanna come?

Thanks for the offer and trust me, I'd like to but between work and being a single parent, I'm strapped for now. Maybe one of these Saturdays if that works.

Sometimes, Less is More!

I personally like the looks of the Puig the best so far. I expect it will be noisy, however.
Motorcyclist magazine put a Puig on their long term NC700X. Part of the writer's comment:
"The windshield is a good compromise between increased helmet noise and wind protection. On the stock bike, your helmet is up and out of any turbulent air, but with the Puig screen, any helmet will seem noisier - it's not turbulent air, just more of it. But upper body protection is substantially improved. . . . . I think I prefer the stock screen for the summer, but the Puig should be the ticket in the colder weather."
Stock screen is 10.9 inches wide and the Puig is 16.3 near the base. Puig is 5.8 inches taller than stock.
Greg
I purchased the Puig light smoke windshield last week. It is a GREAT improvement over the stock windshield.
I'm 6'2" tall with 32" inseam. In the past I have usually found that mounting screens lower worked best for me. So when the Puig arrived I installed it at the lowest mounting holes on the windshield bracket. When I went for the test ride I couldn't believe how much smoother and quieter the air flow was. There is no turbulence or buffeting wind flow, just a smooth, quiet flowing of the air over the top and around the side of the Puig screen. And the ear extensions at the bottom of the screen really help with air flow. Wider is better! I'm glad I didn't take the advice of Marc Cook of Motorcyclist Magazine! Maybe he should mount the screen lower instead of cutting down the screen?
I also have a custom Corbin seat, which raised my seating position, so this also contributes to a lower screen height.
Anyway, best off the shelf, after market screen I have ever purchased. And it was on SALE!

I purchased the Puig light smoke windshield last week. It is a GREAT improvement over the stock windshield.
I'm 6'2" tall with 32" inseam. In the past I have usually found that mounting screens lower worked best for me. So when the Puig arrived I installed it at the lowest mounting holes on the windshield bracket. When I went for the test ride I couldn't believe how much smoother and quieter the air flow was. There is no turbulence or buffeting wind flow, just a smooth, quiet flowing of the air over the top and around the side of the Puig screen. And the ear extensions at the bottom of the screen really help with air flow. Wider is better! I'm glad I didn't take the advice of Marc Cook of Motorcyclist Magazine! Maybe he should mount the screen lower instead of cutting down the screen?
I also have a custom Corbin seat, which raised my seating position, so this also contributes to a lower screen height.
Anyway, best off the shelf, after market screen I have ever purchased. And it was on SALE!

Nice! I believe finding a windshield that works it the best mod you can do.

Back