• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

puig windscreen

searsboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I know there were a few members interested in this screen, but has anyone actually bought one yet? If so, how is it? Thanks.

I ordered one this morning before seeing this thread. I ordered dark smoke. Will post up pics once it arrives. I'll give a review once the weather breaks here if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Where did you order yours from? I have the CalSci Sport and works great, but I like the Puig style better.

I personally like the looks of the Puig the best so far. I expect it will be noisy, however.

Motorcyclist magazine put a Puig on their long term NC700X. Part of the writer's comment:
"The windshield is a good compromise between increased helmet noise and wind protection. On the stock bike, your helmet is up and out of any turbulent air, but with the Puig screen, any helmet will seem noisier - it's not turbulent air, just more of it. But upper body protection is substantially improved. . . . . I think I prefer the stock screen for the summer, but the Puig should be the ticket in the colder weather."

Stock screen is 10.9 inches wide and the Puig is 16.3 near the base. Puig is 5.8 inches taller than stock.

Greg

I like mine. Good sturdy screen. I'm 6'2 and it's definitely not tall enough for me, but wind-deflection hits the top of my helment instead full face. I purchased the light smoke version, nice sporty look, I get a lot of compliments on it.

I like mine. Good sturdy screen. I'm 6'2 and it's definitely not tall enough for me, but wind-deflection hits the top of my helment instead full face. I purchased the light smoke version, nice sporty look, I get a lot of compliments on it.

Thanks for the update. Seems like I remember you being interested in the Puig with variable wing...did you go that route?

Thanks for the update. Seems like I remember you being interested in the Puig with variable wing...did you go that route?

Unfortunately, I'm not a patient man :) I just went with the standard, as they were not available. I however haven't ruled out the multiregulable model for a future purchase. One thing to note is that with the barkbusters installed, I do get a little rubbing on the screen. It hasn't hampered my turning though.

Edited to say, it's also noisy as all get out. Deep whooshing sound.

Last edited:
One thing to note is that with the barkbusters installed, I do get a little rubbing on the screen. It hasn't hampered my turning though.

Edited to say, it's also noisy as all get out. Deep whooshing sound.

A little rubbing? Does it prevent you from doing a full turn?

Is the noise worse than the stock screen?

There must be some benefits to the upgrade?

Puig screen vs Honda factory screen

Skidmarks screen vs Honda factory screen

Puig screen installed for testing tomorrow

DSC00184 smg.jpgDSC00187 smg.jpgDSC00188 smg.jpg

It is 23C / 73F outside, humid, raining and windy. Blowing is more the right word around 20 knots gusting 40 knots at a guess.

Ridden the NCX both heading into the wind and away from the wind at around 110km/66mph. I am 178cm 5.8feet barefoot tall. I am using a Shoei Neotec helmet with earplugs

In standard mounting holes I found the Puig screen blocks wind for my chest and up to half my visor. However the turbulent air hit my helmet mid visor. The turbulent goes away as I move my helmet to 5 inch or less away from the screen.

I have also tested with the Skidmarkz screen as per image in my previous post, and found that it blocks wind for my chest and leaves my helmet in a clean air stream.

I have remounted the Puig screen in the higher mounting position and found that it is giving my helmet a buzzing turbulent. Not good.

Therefore as I depart tomorrow on a 8'000km trip around New Zealand, I will have the Skidmarkz screen mounted.

The Puig screen is not out yet. As with their touring version I believe with some sort of extension to the top the problem will go away. It is good for a winter screen as it does block out a large amount of air.

Fred the mouse is now happily sitting behind a skidmarkz screen :)

DSC00200 smg.jpg

Last edited:
Looks really good and at least aesthetically, the best add-on windscreen in my opinion, however you raise a good point zapf. I'm beginning to think I should should stick with the original short screen, as a I can tolerate some wind pressure on my chest rather than the turbulent air being directed to my head.
Would be really interested in you second test with the screen mounted in the higher position.
I'm 5'11" so there may still be some differences.
Regards

It is 23C / 73F outside, humid, raining and windy. Blowing is more the right word around 20 knots gusting 40 knots at a guess.

Ridden the NCX both heading into the wind and away from the wind at around 110km/66mph. I am 178cm 5.8feet barefoot tall. I am using a Shoei Neotec helmet with earplugs

In standard mounting holes I found the Puig screen blocks wind for my chest and up to half my visor. However the turbulent air hit my helmet mid visor. The turbulent goes away as I move my helmet to 5 inch or less away from the screen.

I have also tested with the Skidmarkz screen as per image in my previous post, and found that it blocks wind for my chest and leaves my helmet in a clean air stream.

I have remounted the Puig screen in the higher mounting position and found that it is giving my helmet a buzzing turbulent. Not good.

Therefore as I depart tomorrow on a 8'000km trip around New Zealand, I will have the Skidmarkz screen mounted.

The Puig screen is not out yet. As with their touring version I believe with some sort of extension to the top the problem will go away. It is good for a winter screen as it does block out a large amount of air.

Fred the mouse is now happily sitting behind a skidmarkz screen :)

View attachment 2675

Thanks for the report...have a great trip!!!

A little rubbing? Does it prevent you from doing a full turn?

Is the noise worse than the stock screen?

There must be some benefits to the upgrade?

It does not prevent you from turning. It's just the your screen literally rests on the windshield when fully cocked to one side. It doesn't go any further than that.

The noise is maybe a little worse. It just sounds different, since the wind is hitting my helmet at the top.

The benefit for me was that I don't do the head bob anymore post 60mph. With the stock screen my head was being jerked around all over the place, with this one, the air hits the top of my helmet and I'm good to go.

Back