• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Puig wind deflector

Jelly, Is that Jeff Chandler on your post ? I'm telling my age Arn't I ?
I like the look of the one on the first page.

I've had larger than stock screens on all my bikes but there aren't any that I've seen that don't take the sleek look away of the NC, IMO of course.

I really like the stock screen too btw, I was thinking of getting some adjusters to raise the screen up but keep the stock one.

I'm now wondering if this puig wind deflector would be a better buy?

Has anyone got any pics of one on a stock screen at all?

It reminds me of the MRA Vario style screens, but again, I don't like the one they do for the NC.

Is it easy to mount the extra visor before going on a long trip where extra wind protection is needed and remove it when not needed without leaving any scratches on the Puig touring wind screen? ...or is the mount more permanent?

Is it easy to mount the extra visor before going on a long trip where extra wind protection is needed and remove it when not needed without leaving any scratches on the Puig touring wind screen? ...or is the mount more permanent?

There are two types. A permantent bolt on and a clip on. I have the clip on. Two allen screws and its off. Less than a minute probably.

Here is a close up of the clip-on type. You can see the allen screw at the top portion of the clip. Loosen it a little and pull the visor off the windshield.

20131020_084759.jpg

20131020_084739.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. What brand is the clip-on, and where can it be purchased online? Looks like Puig is a bolt mount (listed on this webshop)

Thanks for the reply. What brand is the clip-on, and where can it be purchased online? Looks like Puig is a bolt mount (listed on this webshop)

I think someone else said it but Puig has both. The one I added photos of is the Puig Clip-On and I bought it here.

Kirk
AF1 Racing Aprilia / Vespa / Piaggio / Moto Guzzi
699 W. San Antonio St
New Braunfels, TX 78130
830-626-3966
[email protected]

Since this thread got brought back up -
I've taken the MRA version that I had (being the cheapskate who will try anything with a drill - once) and modified it to fit my Honda touring screen. It's not what I would call a final solution, but it doesn't harm the touring screen and it serves the same general purpose as the Puig or the MRA. I'll post a pic soon. I have to admit, I haven't taken it out riding since I got my new car a few weeks ago, so I cannot attest to its functionality yet. (The new car is a Subie WRX - 2014. She's a beauty.)

Jelly, Is that Jeff Chandler on your post ? I'm telling my age Arn't I ?

Yes it is, my look a like.

isleofwight038.jpg

This is my update to the puig wind deflector, i made my own using the mounting hardware from the puig deflector. I use a f15 shield and cut it to fit. Dale

I put the puig deflector on my honda tall windshield. It fits nicely. The puig and honda tall is windshield are similar.
I rode on the highway going about 50mph to 70mph.

Conditions: hardly any wind (very nice day), sunny.
Helmet: Arai XD4 medium size
Height: 5'10"
Inseam: 32"

WITH OUT the deflector: I do get buffeting and alot of wind noise.
WITH the deflector: smoother air. Slight to non buffeting. Can still hear wind noise but not bad.

The deflector installed onto the honda tall windshield hit me about chin level or so.

Your results may vary depending on inseam, windshield, angle of deflector.

Summary, It helps my situation. It did not eliminate the wind noise, but made is better. Very slight to gone on the buffeting.

Ken

I just installed the screw mounted Puig deflector on my Honda touring windshield as a result of your experience and SergeantChuck's. I went with the screw mount to save a few bucks, and because I was pretty fed up with the Honda windshield anyway, so I felt like I had nothing to lose. I'm happy to report that things are considerably quieter with the Puig mounted as received, without any adjustment. My problem is that Puig didn't provide any instructions on how to adjust it. Does it just snap into a new position, or are tools required to adjust it? I don't want to do something stupid and break it! I tried to contact Puig via their web site, but haven't heard back yet.

I'm curious about what position you ultimately decided on. I saw a YouTube video on the MRA, and it looked like it worked best when kept parallel to the windscreen.

Dave

Back