• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Puig wind deflector

Just curious guys - What's the price range on this little guy?
I purchased the MRA version and it's legs are WAYYYY too far apart and it doesn't fit. I like the looks of the Honda touring screen and this looks pretty nice - almost OEM - along with it. Also, I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam and find the buffeting VERY annoying with the touring screen, though I've gotten kind of used to it. If this is a cheap(ish) add-on, it might very well be worth it.

And SergeantChuck - just thought I'd share - I spent 10 years living in Cabot. Right by Junior High South. Many of my high school friends are still there and some are teachers in the area. A great small town. Cheers!

------Your results may vary depending on inseam, windshield, angle of deflector.

---------

I would add position, speed, helmet etc
even angle of your head

I purchased the MRA version and it's legs are WAYYYY too far apart and it doesn't fit. I like the looks of the Honda touring screen and this looks pretty nice - almost OEM - along with it. Also, I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam and find the buffeting VERY annoying with the touring screen, though I've gotten kind of used to it. If this is a cheap(ish) add-on, it might very well be worth it.
CorEnFa,
The Puig wind visor sells for $140 delivered to you address. But it will fit on the Honda Touring Screen.

And SergeantChuck - just thought I'd share - I spent 10 years living in Cabot. Right by Junior High South. Many of my high school friends are still there and some are teachers in the area. A great small town. Cheers!

Just got back form a long weekend away and saw this questions. You question has been answered so I'll just add a couple things. Kjang installed it on his Honda Touring. He had no issues. I'm sure he'll read this and respond. I'm pretty sure he was happy with the improved windflow. I'm 5'9" but most of my height is in my torso. It pushed the wind to the top of my helmet. Like others said, it will be different for everyone but regardless it makes things better.

About Cabot. What is crazy is I'm temporarily living in some tonwhouses across the street from the Junior High South. And even more strange, I'm originally from the Seattle area. So we have swapped places.

There are a couple of other options add on wind deflectors. I also have a Honda Touring screen and needed some more wind deflection.

There is the DIY one here

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/4533-another-cheap-diy-windshield-extension.html

And the Wunderlich here

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/2346-wunderlich-wind-deflector-add-windscreen.html

I bought the Wunderlich probably 6 months ago, and I have it adjusted to move the wind to hit the top of my helmet. I'm 5'11, and I still have about half the height adjustment left that I can raise the deflector, so a taller person would probably still be able to deflect the wind over their heads with this if they raised it all the way up or moved the angel forward.

The nice thing about the wunderlich deflector is it has so many different angles/heights you can lock it down in, that you can really customize it to put the wind right where you want it.

It also cost about $140-$150 shipped, so it is very comparable.

I would have tried one of the DIY ones had someone come up with them before I got my Wunderlich... but now that I have it, I am really happy with it.

Wunderlich2.jpgWunderlich4.jpgWinderlich3.jpg

CorEnFa- Thats why I didn't go with MRA. The Puig wind deflector (has two hold down points to the screen) that sgt. chuck suggested fits nicely on the honda TALL touring screen.

I know wunderlich and there is another puig wind deflector that is very similar to wunderlich (it attaches to the center/top of the screen). I just like to have 2 hold down points instead of just one in the center (personal preference).

Ken

Last edited:
CorEnFa- Thats why I didn't go with MRA. The Puig wind deflector (has two hold down points to the screen) that sgt. chuck suggested fits nicely on the honda TALL touring screen.

I know wunderlich and there is another puig wind deflector that is very similar to wunderlich (it attaches to the center/top of the screen). I just like to have 2 hold down points instead of just one in the center (personal preference).

Ken

To add to this statemnt I would like to say that I have a tendancy to look at the road between the visor and the windscreen. I'm glad the two attachment points are small and not directly in my line of sight. I'm not suggesting any other version would be a problem. Just saying I'm happy I don't have anything blocking my view.

To add to this statemnt I would like to say that I have a tendancy to look at the road between the visor and the windscreen. I'm glad the two attachment points are small and not directly in my line of sight. I'm not suggesting any other version would be a problem. Just saying I'm happy I don't have anything blocking my view.

Yes, I tend to look forward and having something in front of me MAY block my vision.

Ken

There is a Puig Visor Wind Deflector for sale in this Forum's classified section for $59.00. Half the price of the Wunderlich.
Check it out!:rolleyes:

There are a couple of other options add on wind deflectors. I also have a Honda Touring screen and needed some more wind deflection.

And the Wunderlich here

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/2346-wunderlich-wind-deflector-add-windscreen.html

The nice thing about the wunderlich deflector is it has so many different angles/heights you can lock it down in, that you can really customize it to put the wind right where you want it.

View attachment 10145View attachment 10146View attachment 10147

I fitted the universal Puig wind deflector to my Puig touring screen - it makes a surprising difference. The Puig touring screen cut down on the buffeting I was getting round my helmet in strong winds with the standard OE screen. The wind deflector on top has made a fair reduction in the amount if wind noise. I got it from a firm in Germany, priced at EUR59.9 - which would be somewhere round about $80.00 US.
Here's the link to the German site - but you can probably find the same thing from the US distributors. I'm 6'2" with 33" inseam.

Screen deflector universal Puig

Thanks guys.
Sgt Chuck -
I went from Cabot to Washington DC for a 15 year period where I learned I hate politics. Seattle is where I'm hoping to find peace, tranquility, and 12 months of riding (I don't mind riding in 40 degrees and rain).
Cheers!

Wind Deflector Honda NC700X | eBay

not sure what this guy is actually selling,but
interesting wind deflector(one on side,with honda logo)

That's interesting. I wish they would have given a better descrition and maybe pointed out what it is meant to do. Deflect Wind? I got that. It doesn't seem those would deflect wind from my legs and the screen does a good job of taking care of the torso area. Those are mounted about waist high, Right? Not needing much help in that area.

i agree, i'm not sure about wind deflection,but imo it's look good and the idea itself is interesting. if i have time and resources-i would come up with something similar,but use it as an extra storage :)
you know, like a small side case,but on the front,formed and attached to a side cowl(or whatever it's called) as it was on the picture. to store tools and other small stuff. :)

I like the look of the one on the first page.

I've had larger than stock screens on all my bikes but there aren't any that I've seen that don't take the sleek look away of the NC, IMO of course.

I really like the stock screen too btw, I was thinking of getting some adjusters to raise the screen up but keep the stock one.

I'm now wondering if this puig wind deflector would be a better buy?

Has anyone got any pics of one on a stock screen at all?

It reminds me of the MRA Vario style screens, but again, I don't like the one they do for the NC.

I have the TALL touring HONDA windshield, not the standard little sporty windshield. However, the touring windshield made buffetting and wind noise for me. I am 5' 10" with 32" inseam. Sgt. Chuck found PUIG wind deflector that can attach on. I did the measurements and ordered it. Sgt. Chuck has a PUIG windshield and I have the HONDA windshield. The PUIG wind deflector was easy to install. Fits the honda TALL touring nicely.
The pictures on the first page is mine, there on my HONDA TALL touring windshield. Your right, it does look like the MRA wind deflector, however the MRA's were too wide and would not fit the HONDA TALL touring windshield.

Ken

I have the puig shield and did not like it, until i put the puig bolt on deflector on and it made a big difference for me at 6'3. Dale

I have the puig shield and did not like it, until i put the puig bolt on deflector on and it made a big difference for me at 6'3. Dale

I'd have to say I somewhat agree with that comment. I went from the Honda Touring to the Puig. Although it made a difference it was not perfect. I may have had my expectations to high. Once I added the Puig visor I was satisfied and stayed with what I had. The little visor made a pretty decent difference.

Back