• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Progress at Seat Concepts

I would have been in if they had some way of making the rear match the front. It's a little OCD, but it'd really bother me. Maybe they could have offered a replacement cover for the back seat to match the front that uses the original back seat foam?

I'm in for one and I'm a little worried about it too. But I'll take form (literally) over function this time...

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a future back seat cover option... Maybe another successful group buy perhaps?

I hope I'm down as being in. I posted in the group buy thread and pmd my info.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
I'm sure you're fine. You did everything required. I mainly posted to try and get the people who are still trying to decide if they want to take part in the Group Buy to make their final decision.
That way there will be no regrets. :(
Hopefully Seat Concept will begin sending out invoices next week and we can start receiving, using and evaluating the new seats. :p

I would have been in if they had some way of making the rear match the front. It's a little OCD, but it'd really bother me. Maybe they could have offered a replacement cover for the back seat to match the front that uses the original back seat foam?
Well, to each their own. You're smart to abstain from the group buy if the look and texture is that important to you.
But I think it really won't be that noticeable unless you are super OCD! And it won't be seen once you are on the bike riding.

I'm in for one and I'm a little worried about it too. But I'll take form (literally) over function this time...
I agree with you on this! I'm more interested in the shape and comfort, less so about an exact match of materials. :D

Plus if the fabric match bothers you, you can always go to an upholstery material shop and purchase material that is an exact match, and recover the front seat.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a future back seat cover option... Maybe another successful group buy perhaps?
That may well happen if there is enough interest and demand.:confused:

Well, to each their own. You're smart to abstain from the group buy if the look and texture is that important to you.
But I think it really won't be that noticeable unless you are super OCD! And it won't be seen once you are on the bike riding.

Well, it wasn't all OCD. I've also got a Shad seat on order. If there was some consideration for the rear seat (even if just a cover) I'd have probably ordered one of these as well to see which one worked best since my wife occasionally rides with me. From the descriptions, I don't think anyone who got in on this will be disappointed.

Hey guys. When I picked up my seat, I had a conversation with Lenden about a matching cover for the rear seat as well. He made it sound like he would develop that as well if there is enough interest in it. I am pretty sure I mentioned that somewhere on this thread. If you want a rear seat cover tell him. I already told him I would let him use my bike to get a pattern for a cover if he wanted me to. All it takes is a quick email to Seat Concepts.

Craig

Hey guys. When I picked up my seat, I had a conversation with Lenden about a matching cover for the rear seat as well. He made it sound like he would develop that as well if there is enough interest in it. I am pretty sure I mentioned that somewhere on this thread. If you want a rear seat cover tell him. I already told him I would let him use my bike to get a pattern for a cover if he wanted me to. All it takes is a quick email to Seat Concepts.

Craig

Yep. I sent them either a pm or an email and got a response the same day. They said for $8 they would send a piece of the fabric that could be used to replace the fabric on the passenger seat. They said that it would probably bunch up since it's not cut specifically for the seat, and that if they had enough interest, they would borrow someone's rear seat to make a pattern and sell a kit. I'm taking my seat to an upholsterer to have it installed and will take the extra piece of fabric and see what they can do. I figure if they pull the fabric off of the old seat they should be able to trim to copy the shape of the original. I don't mind if it bunches up in a couple of places though. Seat Concepts has been really great about corresponding. Contact them and I'm sure they'll try to work with you...maybe you could volunteer your seat...;)

Back