• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

price for nc700

exharley

Reaction score
Visit site
Just joined this site and am looking forward to discussing the nc700. I am in the process of buying one but I am not sure if the price is right. All the dealers I have contacted in my area are stuck on the MSRP yet I have noticed online there are dealers in other states selling them for $600 less MSRP. I would appreciate any buying experiences and tips.

Mine was $6,999, but what do you expect for first one in south Florida. Don't be so cheap you probably dropped that much in parts on your Harley every year. :cool:

Last edited:
I paid msrp as well. I saw at least four on Ebay. One did not make an unknown reserve. One did not make the buy it now price of $6600. I don't know what happened to the other two. None were asking for any dealer prep charges. All were way too distant to be practical for me to consider. I can't imagine why those dealers are caving in on this bike so soon after it's introduction.

My two local dealers are stuck on msrp. One even wanted $900 for dealer prep just because it was a new model. My dealer's parts department is marking up all of the Honda accessories by 10% above msrp because they allegedly don't have enough margin in them.

Paid msrp too. And i'm not losing any sleep over it. I pinched off a bit of my 401k to pay cash for my NC.
Absolutely no regrets for me. You can't take it with ya!!!!!

Mine was $6,999, but what do you expect for first one in south Florida. Don't be so cheap you probably dropped that much in parts on your Harley every year. :cool:

Thanks for the input. I was not trying to be cheap. I will gladly pay the fair market price for quality products. I just do not want to be a sucker either.

Thanks everyone for the input. Except for Arizona and a few other states, MSRP seems to be the standard price. Although I would add that the difference between the out-the-door price of my local dealers was anywhere from $100 to $990 more than the dealer with the best price! $600 prep fees?! Not on my dime...

MSRP here although the initial offer from the dealer was about $500 higher than what we settled at. I expected to pay a few hundred over MSRP for freight and setup and ended up paying $478 over MSRP.

You have to expect that dealers aren't willing to negotiated on a hot new model bike during this time of year. Unless they have a large inventory of this model there's really not much incentive for them to move them at cost.

Maybe this winter if there is still some on the floor or a demo with a scratch, then they would have more of a incentive to move it.

That's just my thoughts, I would also think if you had cash in hand, made them an offer you might could do better but again, if only one is on the floor???.... there's someone who will buy it at their cost. I would also call every dealer within 250 miles and wheel and deal over the phone.

Back in the 70's I worked for a Honda Dealer and I built new bikes out of the crates, maybe an 1.5 hours work. Today, from the few I've seen in crates there is much less to "build". Not much expense there IMO.
Take freight, how many crates do they have delivered at one time or in stock? Do you really think they are dividing this cost up between buyers?
I don't think so.
The bikes cost and taxes is all that I would even consider in a deal.

Last edited:
I paid msrp and got a free shirt! Couldn't be any happier.

That's really the bottom line, as long as you're happy.

Something else if you can't get past the msrp. If you're like me who has to get a deal on my terms, ask about accessories, include and new jacket or helmet with the otd price or the service cost at 600 miles.

Here in the UK most people are having to wait for their bikes so not much in way of discounts. However like me people are getting good discounts on accessories. One advantage we have is that being a small island dealers tend to be much nearer to each other so it is easy to shop around for the best trade in price. having said that my wife and I have dealt with the same guy for years due to excellent service

That's really the bottom line, as long as you're happy.

Something else if you can't get past the msrp. If you're like me who has to get a deal on my terms, ask about accessories, include and new jacket or helmet with the otd price or the service cost at 600 miles.

Hey, I am Happy...
:p

I live in Los Angeles area. I got quote from a few dealers for around $8200 out the door, taxes, registration included.

Wondering what other in California are paying...

Thanks.

In northern San Diego, the local dealer wanted the full $6999 MSRP, plus freight and setup, and the obligatory tax and registration. I asked
what the out the door price would be and he said "about $9k give or take a little". After searching a bit I found the dealer in Oklahoma that
would sell for $6399 with no freight or setup -- so $6399 out the door and I pay tax and registration to California when I bring it back home
to register which should be around $600. Even with travel expenses to go pick up the bike and bring it home (~$300 for airfare, hotel, and gas) I still
come out way ahead and have a fun adventure in the process.

Back