• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Planning a road trip in June, but need to replace tires before leaving

nrsheikh

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, I am leaving on a medium road trip this June, but need to change the stock Dunlops before I leave. I read 100% on road, try to avoid the rain, but will ride in it if have to. I am looking for a long life tire that has good tread wear. I do not ride sporty at all and 99.999% stay in my limits. Any suggestions?

Wow are you going to get a pile of replies. The best bang for the buck is probably the Continental Conimotions. Long last and cheap and perform very well. The next step up would be the Continental Trail attacks or the Michelin pilot 3.

Here we go again!

Wow are you going to get a pile of replies. The best bang for the buck is probably the Continental Conimotions. Long last and cheap and perform very well. The next step up would be the Continental Trail attacks or the Michelin pilot 3.

Here we go again!

I agree with ruggybuggy. I went for the Dunlop Roadsmart 2 because I appreciate some level of performance even though I'm amateur at best I like to be a bit aggressive. I have the Michelin Pilot Road 4 on my RR from when I was commuting on that and I think they are too grippy for your needs and they'll end up costing you more. Check out the reviews at Revzilla.

Last edited:
Like has been said by all, the Continental Motions are the best value I know of. The only reason the price is lower on these German Continental tech tires is they are not produced at the Continental planet in Germany, but the quality is still as good.

[video=youtube;0q4mQIZB5z8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q4mQIZB5z8[/video]

Back