• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pilot Road 4s - Good Deal

SergeantChuck

Commuter Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just purcahsed a set of Pilot Road 4s from BTO Sports. The price to my front door is $309. That is a prety good deal for these awesome tires. I thought I might try the Conti's next but not when I can get the PR 4s for $300 for the set.

Thought I would pass this along in case anyone else was interested.

I don't need these tires but it seesm to be a sale. Didn't want to pass it up.

PR4 - Forum.jpg

Last edited:
Screenshot_2015-09-16-20-55-03.jpg

This is the best price I've found.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-16-20-47-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-16-20-47-49.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
There may be competition from Bridgestone in respect to wet road traction with teh new T30 EVO. I am in process of testing the EVOs on my NC700x, our CB500F and our new Versys 650 LT. I have an S20 EVO front on the NC because I am naturally cautious with new tires and it was the first one that got the new T30 EVO rear. 1,200 miles in and the rear shows virtually no wear. This is amazing for any tire on my NC as the normal lifespan is around 2,200 miles tops and they usually look pretty stressed by a 1,000 miles.

On the CB and Versys the matched sets of T30 EVOs have proven to be the lightest steering tires I have ever experienced. They have fantastic grip in the dry and they offer great feedback on loose, gravelly pavement. No real wet testing yet but the T30 EVOS dry performance and early wear indications puts them as the number 1 street tire I have ever used. And I have used them all. Will do a proper report after I finish off the first set.

KEB

There may be competition from Bridgestone in respect to wet road traction with teh new T30 EVO.

I am interested to hear your longer term results with the T30 EVO. It has been a long time since I was satisfied with a Bridgestone tire, but maybe they have something this time. Conversely, I used to never have a problem with Metzeler, and now they don't seem able to make a tire. I am a huge fan of Micheline these days and am especially satisfied with the Pilot Roads (especially in the wet) having used them through all four upgrades. My only issue since the PR3 and PR4 designs were released is the road noise. If the T30 has equivalent wet traction and decent life, I would be persuaded to try a set. How are they for noise

Back