• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pictures of Various Honda NC700X Saddlebags

I've updated my original post on the Caribou system mounted to Givi hardware with measurements and install notes. If everyone else could do the same, we might have a really useful thread here.

Prost! (Prost: Drinking toast; "May it benefit you." I truly hope it does)

Could someone with the Givi PL1111 side case brackets please measure the width of the brackets installed on the bike? That is, the measurement from the outside of one bracket frame to the outside of the other. I have the SW Motech brackets and they seem to stick out so far from the bike, so I just wondered how the Givi compared. Thanks.

Im not near the bike at this moment but here is a pic if it helps.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394818558019.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394818558019.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 4,677
Here's another pic of Kappa K21s (same as Givi E21s but priced lower). These Monokey top loaders are mounted via the SW-Motech EVO carriers. I'm thinking of pulling off the Kappa logo and replacing it with a 50mm round red reflector.

100_7051.jpg100_7049.jpg

Last edited:
Here's another pic of Kappa K21s (same as Givi E21s but priced lower). These Monokey top loaders are mounted via the SW-Motech EVO carriers. I'm thinking of pulling off the Kappa logo and replacing it with a 50mm round red reflector.

I was just thinking on an earlier thread I wanted to see your entire bike with the new color scheme and the new plate you installed from Hondabikepro. This is close.

That burnt orange or whatever it is looks good.

I was just thinking on an earlier thread I wanted to see your entire bike with the new color scheme and the new plate you installed from Hondabikepro. This is close.

That burnt orange or whatever it is looks good.

Yeah when it's a nice day out I'll do a photo shoot with the finished product. Still waiting for the Sargent seat to come available!

Here is my rig with Caribou Cases.

gugepa9y.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am new to riding and was told by a few people that I am better off getting aluminum cases in case you dump the bike it will help slow you down. Any thoughts on that logic would be appreciated.

No pics of Shad side cases or top boxes? The SH50 top case seems to be a good value, anybody here have one mounted?

There seems to be lots of love here for the Shad seat, but not for the cases?

I am new to riding and was told by a few people that I am better off getting aluminum cases in case you dump the bike it will help slow you down. Any thoughts on that logic would be appreciated.
I have no empirical evidence either way, but this sounds like an old wive's tale. I can't imagine the different materials cases are made of would make any appreciable difference in slowing down a sliding motorcycle. At any rate, you should get the ones that you prefer aesthetically and functionally since I would hope that the majority of the time your motorcycle is standing up on the wheels, not sliding down the road.

Last edited:
I'd chalk this one up as bogus. The only 'truths' I've been able to determine is all luggage is expensive though soft seems to be the cheapest and aluminum is the most expensive. As to what is better in a crash all depends on the crash.

I've had a hard time deciding on luggage. Some things I've generally decided are true-ish..
plastic doesn't dent on light impacts but can break on hard impacts
aluminum dents on light impacts and bends/warps on harder impacts and then leaks
soft is a lot lighter than plastic or aluminum
in theory hard luggage can keep the bike off your leg in a crash but it can also injure and or trap you too
soft can rip thought the more expensive ones are very rip resistant
soft gives and is less likely to damage the racks, bike, and what you hit with them

Something a little different

I just installed these. They are from a 2004 Triumph Sprint. Took a little engineering but I think they look good on the bike. I couldn't afford $600-$1000 for bags right now anyway. Got about $150 total in the setup. They are supposed to hold about 30 liters per side. I can put a full face helmet in either one. They are 32 inches wide.

boxes.jpg

cases.jpg

Those look really good!

Sent from a Speak & Spell wired to a record player, a saw blade, a fork, and an umbrella.

One more for the mix.
With thanks to Turbodeiseli4i6

These are Givi V35 cases. They look very nice' especially with their color coordinated lids, however they require a dedicated Givi rack. Plus they are pretty wide.

E6852BD2-BE2F-4F6A-9983-6502163AC765-53375-000024EEE9C47A91_zps600a6329.jpg

857478B0-F14C-440C-9A1E-B00A0400CDB5-53375-000024EEEB382150_zps8f27e0a7.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics Lord la la. I lost all of my pics when my hard drive crashed..

Had to make mounts for the front and rear and cut a tab off the mount itself. The rails are made of some kind of hard plastic so I couldn't weld to them, everything is bolted. Took a couple of days for the figuring and fabrication, but the bags go on and off very easily. The paint is almost a perfect match. Didn't take pictures this time as I didn't think anybody else would be doing the same swap.

Back