• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pictures of Various Honda NC700X Saddlebags

Adrian, I sent an email to twisted throttle about the Givi bags, as I was having the same problem as you. They answered by giving me part #'s and list of everything I needed. Like you I didn't mind spending the money, just wanted to get it right the first time.

I am glad you asked this question. I am thoroughly confused as to what mounting hardware to buy and what mounting plate to buy and where to buy. Givi usa website has links to local dealers. I was hoping to buy a top case and corresponding hardware from some online retailer like motorcycle superstore. Something like this. Givi B37 Monolock Topcase - Motorcycle Superstore
Looks like this one has some universal mounting stuff included. Are there any threads on what to buy for specific top boxes?

Sorry all, this is getting a little off topic from the thread, but . . .

Muffin top,
The universal plate that comes with the Monolock cases needs to mount to a luggage rack or brackets. For that you want the Givi FZ1111 side arm kit, which is specific for the NC700X. Givi will probably suggest you need the M5 mounting plate instead of the universal plate, but member robnpat says he did it with the universal plate here in this thread http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-general-discussion/1809-givi-monolock-e30-tour-top-case-opinion.html. As a side note, I think the M5 plate is much uglier than the universal plate. Plus the universal plate is flat topped, so you could use it to strap on other items when the case is not there.

You can get a 35 liter top case here http://tourandride.com for $55 using a 10% off coupon. So buy a the monolock case and the FZ1111 side arm kit and you should be set. Or you can get the case, the FZ1111 and the M5 plate if you want to not use the universal plate that comes with the case. As always, shop around for every piece because prices vary widely.

By the way, Givi and Kappa are the same products from the same company and completely interchangeable. Also be aware that monolock and monokey are different animals. They use different mounts. Monolocks are top boxes only, built slightly lighter weight than monokey. Monokey can be top box or side bag. The monokey does not come with a universal mounting plate. A monokey top case would require an M5A mounting plate and the FZ1111 side arms.

Someday, I'd like to make a how to post on Givi and SW-Motech hardware since it is quite confusing.

Last edited:
HondaBikePro: are those solar panels I spy in the top of your boxes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:eek:

How cool an idea that would be!

I just thought it was that clear shiny protective film applied on the tops, but knowing Dale now, and enjoying his inventive fabrications, I wouldn't at all put it past him to have cut out and countersunk solar panels in his pannier lids.

Darn it, now the mental gears are crunching about my Trax lids...

I agree that the givi order page is very confusing.I finally just picked what cases I wanted then called givi told them what I wanted and asked what racks I need.I knew what they were talking about from looking at the web sight 10 times.

HondaBikePro: are those solar panels I spy in the top of your boxes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it is just carbon fibre number plate back ground. Installed it to stop the top of boxes getting scratched up. I will have my parts department pm you on cost for trax bags and hardware. May even take me a day or so, twisted throttle is a hard company to deal with, even harder for a dealer. Any other of my vendors i can just pick up the phone and talk to someone, i have to email them and wait. Dale

It looks as if Givi has replaced the B21 cases with these

D100C4DA-8905-4B10-8ECA-771C4E7D9C1B-53375-00002624AF9821C1_zps39a4c836.jpg

It would be interesting to see a set of these on the NC7

Will do ...

It looks as if Givi has replaced the B21 cases with these

D100C4DA-8905-4B10-8ECA-771C4E7D9C1B-53375-00002624AF9821C1_zps39a4c836.jpg

It would be interesting to see a set of these on the NC7

I have a set E22's ... just received this week ...

I will take some pics tomorrow and post ...

Last edited:
I have a set E22's ... just received this week ...

I will take some pics tomorrow and post ...
= = = = = = = =
Here's some pics of the New Givi E22's on a NC700X ....

I think the shape of the E22's complement the NC pretty good ..

As you can see the pair are asymmetrical in both height and width .... so you can get a different look depending on which one is on what side

2932-CIMG_2932-C.jpg
2931-CIMG_2931-C.jpg

... I included two sets of pics .... one set with them installed with the Givi logo to the front, one set with the Givi logo to the rear. I kinda think they look better on the NC with the Givi logo to the front -- but it's good to have options !
= = = = = = = = = = =
The side brackets I have are the SW-Motech Quick-lock EVO's which are universal and one can install luggage cases from GIVI (Monokey system), TraX ALU-BOX, Pelican, Micatech, Kappa, Shad, Hepco-Becker, Krauser, and more ... depending on which adapter kit you buy and install.

Since the Sw EVO's are universal and the E22's being fairly small, tapered at the bottom - from the side the brackets are completely covered, but from the rear angle you can see the edge of the brackets. Does not bother me but wanted to point that out. I bet if you have the Givi side brackets they would be completely covered up.
= = = = =
Givi logo to front ....
IMG_2918-C.jpg
IMG_2919-C.jpg
IMG_2920-C.jpg
IMG_2921-C.jpg
IMG_2924-C.jpg
IMG_2925-C.jpg
IMG_2922-C.jpg
= = = = == = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = == = = = = = = = = ==
= = = = = =
Givi logo to Rear
IMG_2913-C.jpg
IMG_2917-C.jpg
IMG_2914-C.jpg
IMG_2915-C.jpg
IMG_2926-C.jpg
IMG_2927-C.jpg
IMG_2916-C.jpg
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = == = = = = = == =
The side brackets I have are the SW-Motech Quick-lock EVO's which are universal and one can install luggage cases from GIVI (Monokey system), TraX ALU-BOX, Pelican, Micatech, Kappa, Shad, Hepco-Becker, Krauser, and more ... depending on which adapter kit you buy and install.

Since the Sw EVO's are universal and the E22's being fairly small, tapered at the bottom - from the side the brackets are completely covered, but from the rear angle you can see the edge of the brackets. Does not bother me but wanted to point that out.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Thanks to user MeefZah over on ADVrider ... I first saw the Givi E22's in his post on the V strom 650 picsw/bags thread..

He does a great job showing a comparison between the old Givi E21's and the new Givi E22's on both Ver 1 and Ver 2 DL650's

ADVrider - View Single Post - Vstrom 650 pics w/ bags (only please)

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Last edited:
Looks great! The shape/profile of logo to the front is definitely my vote. (Actually if they were mine I would peel the logos off).

Does the release mechanism for removing the E22 cases work well with the SW Motech brackets? On my similar setup, but with K21 bags, I'm having to do a little modification to get them to release properly. These E22s look to be a little sturdier build than the 21s, but I'd expect that with the higher cost.

Looks great! The shape/profile of logo to the front is definitely my vote. (Actually if they were mine I would peel the logos off).

Does the release mechanism for removing the E22 cases work well with the SW Motech brackets? On my similar setup, but with K21 bags, I'm having to do a little modification to get them to release properly. These E22s look to be a little sturdier build than the 21s, but I'd expect that with the higher cost.

Logo --- yes ----- I saw one somewhere that a rider had replaced the Givi logo with a Honda wing logo -- looked good..

Release mechanism - you can turn the key a knoch and push down --- but I found if you open the lid it gives you complete access to the mechanism which makes it easy to press down and release .... see pic ...
IMG_2929-Cm.jpg

Release mechanism - you can turn the key a knoch and push down --- but I found if you open the lid it gives you complete access to the mechanism which makes it easy to press down and release .

The K21s have a release button that can be pushed down when the key is in a certain position, but like you, I found with the lid open the mechanism is accessible for more positive release action.

Thanks for the details and pictures of the E22s. Enjoy them!

I think the solid black blends well with the bike too. They look really good. My bike came from the dealer with the OEM bags. They work fine but I would have rather had something like yours or Fuzzy's.

A posting with the width of each setup would be very helpful. It's hard to get a perspective when the pictures are different sizes and angles.

Back