• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pics of a madstad 20in??

Is there a particular angle you are looking for? I'll post some pics tomorrow. Not sure how tall you are but if you are anywhere close to 6ft tall, go with the 22 inch screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any pictures to share on this computer but I somewhat agree with kumatae. I'm 5'11" ish and my 20" is just about perfect at it's tallest setting, but I would no complain if it was a smidgen taller. I prefer ideal to be closer to the center of the adjustment range :)

Oh and the deflectors help a lot with wind noise.

I'm 6feet with a large torso so I was targeting a 20 inch screen. Looking for photos of it bc I'm trying to sell myself that it doesn't look 'funky.' But I desire what it reportedly achieves so it is what it is I reckon.

Any pics of the 20inch and how it cosmetically sit on the bike would be appreciated. A photo with the ride seated would be great but I inderstna not easily feasible.

Thanks all!

I am 6'3" with a 22" screen, so probably comparable.
This is using a chest mount, so the camera is looking through the light gray screen.
I look over it.

View attachment 32521

https://youtu.be/umd8eyZFxJY

Really?!?! That doesn't look so bad! On the other pics I've seen the madstad looks gigantic versus the bike... maybe it's because this is a 22 inch and not the larger version?

I have the 20" (just got it yesterday) and I'll post some photos tonight. First ride is tomorrow.

I am 6' and when on the phone with the folks at Madstad, they recommended that I go with the 20". I am hoping they were correct.

Here is my new 20" - sorry for the indoor photos but it was pouring outside - hope these help. Again, first ride is hopefully tomorrow. (and did I mention, again, I HATE how this site deals with photos - I even flipped my phone a few times and only ONE came out ride side up...sorry)

Attachments

• IMG_5382.jpg
    IMG_5382.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_5384.jpg
    IMG_5384.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_5386.jpg
    IMG_5386.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 326
First thanks everyone for the aid! These look much better in NC 700 photos than online stock images! Spoke with the company today. Because of my height and torso size they are advising a 22inch. Order goes in Tom! Thanks all!!

Well got her installed. So far it does pretty good. I still am searching for that 'sweet spot' but I only put 20 miles on it.

d976e20de3caad7c9b4992c952ea8b8c.jpg

Sorry if this has already been asked but do Madstad do a screen for the 2016 bike and in particular the deflector kit. I can't find the answers on their website
Thanks
Mike

Sorry if this has already been asked but do Madstad do a screen for the 2016 bike and in particular the deflector kit. I can't find the answers on their website
Thanks
Mike

Yes they do, it's apparently the same screen as the previous years, but different mounting hardware. You order from the same page but have to specify the year of your bike during the order process. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to call them after the order is placed to confirm that they're going to send you the right mounting hardware. At least one forum member received the hardware for the 'old' style even after specifying he had a '16 bike. Another member called to place his order and also got a 10% discount, and they also have some on eBay that have some 'swirls' in the screen that are discounted even more, so it may be worth you just calling and placing the order over the phone.

Thanks fezusa
Any idea on the deflectors? And whether they work with the Honda hand guards?
Mike

The deflectors are attached to the mounting bracket. Check out the pictures on their website, sample below albeit a pre-'16 NCX. Can't help on compatibility with the hand guards. IIRC they have stated, possibly quite recently, that they have shaved off a small amount of either side to improve clearance with hand guards.

MadStad mounting bracket.jpg

Thanks FezUSA - that picture explains a lot. But whew that's a hell of a lot of bracketry hung on the 4 small nuts from the original honda screen mounting points - I'm presuming there are no reports of these popping out when there is high wind pressure on the screen and deflectors - or we'd have heard about it wouldn;t we
Mike

Thanks FezUSA - that picture explains a lot. But whew that's a hell of a lot of bracketry hung on the 4 small nuts from the original honda screen mounting points - I'm presuming there are no reports of these popping out when there is high wind pressure on the screen and deflectors - or we'd have heard about it wouldn't we
Mike

Rather than expanding rubber grommet thingys the Madstad comes with metal plates that go behind the mounting points making the brackets very solid. There are those rubber grommet things holding the windshield to the brackets, as you can see in his picture.

Misterk, I am curious how tall you are and what your pants inseam is... I'm 5'11 with a 30in inseam and even with my new Madstad Windshield CANNOT find a smooth and calm setting for wind. Very disheartening... I find a couple spots that work at various speeds but nothing that I am actually 'happy' with. Your set up with what I guess is an X-creen is now something I'm entertaining..... How do you feel about it? plus vs negatives? How does it do at 45mph-75mph?

Appreciate any pointers / advice!!

Misterk, I am curious how tall you are and what your pants inseam is... I'm 5'11 with a 30in inseam and even with my new Madstad Windshield CANNOT find a smooth and calm setting for wind. Very disheartening... I find a couple spots that work at various speeds but nothing that I am actually 'happy' with. Your set up with what I guess is an X-creen is now something I'm entertaining..... How do you feel about it? plus vs negatives? How does it do at 45mph-75mph?

Appreciate any pointers / advice!!

I'll chime in here - I am 6' and have a 30" inseam. I have the 20" screen with the X-creen (touring version). Adding the X-creen is definitely the ticket. Make sure to buy the clear on as you will be looking through it IF you want total quiet. The bonus of being able to adjust both the Madstad and the X-creen requires some patience and a dedicated afternoon of trial and error. For example, my winter setting is to have the Madstad in its lowest and most vertical position and the X-creen extended to the point that its bottom edge is in line with the top edge of the Madstad. Very quiet, but as I said before, you are looking through the X-creen (not an issue for me). PM me if you want my phone number and we can chat... I have been working on this problem from day one...I know your frustration!

These were take on that afternoon of testing right after I went from the clamp on mounts and actually drilled the screen (I like that a LOT better, but go really slow on the drilling...take your time, drill pilot holes and use SHARP drill bits!)

IMG_5402.jpgIMG_5396.jpg

Back