• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Palmer Products

can anyone tell me how this attaches to the bike? does it have plate in the back? kind of like "Dale plate" in the rear? or does it use the oem rubber grommets?

You can use with OEM rubber grommets but I'd get dale's plates just for connivence and for peace of mind .... probably the cheapest best farkle I have on the bike.

The Palmer brackets fit the Honda OE well-nuts fine - I added Dale's plates as an extra insurance policy against the bigger Givi screen pulling the well-nuts out.

Very smart move and probably best $ spent on the bike. I did the first thing as I added the OEM Touring shield and was afraid it would pull them out ... when had them moved to GIVI shield and now GIVE on Palmer brackets. Having run 96 mpg (down hill in NM and a suburban passed me like I was sitting still) ) with the GIVI and a Wonderlick deflector I can tell you Dale's plates are well worth the little he charges.

From what I've read, you get the size that matches the screws/bolts in the shield you have, stock is 5mm and at least some aftermarkets are 6mm.

If I remember right he's doing a backcountry ride in Colorado now.

Palmer brackets are the best purchase I've made for my NC700X. Lifted my tall screen enough to push the wind over my helmet. Can be adjusted to so many angles/heights. Perfect for windless motorway riding. Love it.

Update: I went to a Cee Baley 22" clear shield and had the reflection problem as noted in early posts but with the tool-less adjusters I was able to eliminate it by moving up and out on the brackets. Having the Palmer tool-less adapters sure made getting everything working quickly. Using the Palmer plates is not necessary for me with the Cee Bailey but the adjustment factor is so cool I'm using it and ordering the screen baffle to reduce the behind the screen air flow for winter riding but the flow in the summer is welcome. The Cee Bailey shield with the 1/2" offsets allows a lot more air flow behind the shield (good to have to reduce wind turbulence that normally occurs with a shield) and the screen baffle (optional product at Palmer) allows you to control the amount while still eliminating turbulence. The Palmer adjustment plates have made windshield adjustment and the ability to change shields and adjust accordingly a pleasant experience and the customer support at Palmer is excellent. I just noticed they will be on vacation Aug 4 - 22 so orders will have to wait till after the 8/22 (according to their web site).

Has anyone done a comparison using the stock screen vs stock screen and Palmer bracket? How does the airflow around the chest and head as well as the noise compare?

Yes! I tried that fix with great anticipation, it didn't do much. Just moved the upper air flow a little higher, but let a new stream of air in under the stock screen. Noise was the same or worse. What worked better for me, using the stock screen, was attaching a Puig air deflector to the top of the stock screen. Really quieted the noise and reduced the buffeting. The only downside was the the air pressure hitting the air deflector made the stock screen move, vibrate back and forth, when traveling at higher speeds. I was surprised that the stock screen was that flexible.
Has anyone done a comparison using the stock screen vs stock screen and Palmer bracket? How does the airflow around the chest and head as well as the noise compare?

Yes! I tried that fix with great anticipation, it didn't do much. Just moved the upper air flow a little higher, but let a new stream of air in under the stock screen. Noise was the same or worse. What worked better for me, using the stock screen, was attaching a Puig air deflector to the top of the stock screen. Really quieted the noise and reduced the buffeting. The only downside was the the air pressure hitting the air deflector made the stock screen move, vibrate back and forth, when traveling at higher speeds. I was surprised that the stock screen was that flexible.

Exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks pismocycleguy

Back