• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Paint Scratches

Jaraxle

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys! Ok, I have obviously made a mistake. I bought some "motorcycle straps" and strapped my bike in a trailer to take it in to get registered. Well I didnt think to put fabric or cloth between the straps and the sides of the tank/frunk. I only drove maybe 10 mins with it strapped down. Well it left marks on the paint. Before I do anything rash I wanted to see if anyone had any advice? I have wiped the area down with a wet microfiber cloth but most of the marks are still present. Should I try going straight to wax after I wash it or is there anything else? It feels smooth to the touch so I think its on the surface. Its hard to see in the pictures but here they are...

20180321_154440_1521668791477_resized.jpg20180321_154401_1521668797945_resized.jpg

Try a clay bar kit from an auto parts store. It should at least show improvement though the marks may be too deep to totally remove.

Excellent. I forgot all about a clay bar, and I didnt think about toothpaste. I will give both of those a try. Thank you guys very much.

Wash really well.
Then dry.
Then wax...leave it for an hour.
Then buff off.

Use Macguire quick wax for best results. Use quikdetailer for afterwards.
Showroom shine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clay bar isn't going to do anything for you. Clay will only pull contaminates off that won't be removed from normal washing. Waxing might help hide the scratches for a short time but they will return fairly quickly. Scratches are going to require polishing and buffing. No way around it.

Back