• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

One more NC700X rider in Oregon :)

amwoolner

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
So I just got my NC700X yesterday and already have 112 miles on it. I like it so far and have enjoyed reading peoples' posts on here about their experiences. I have a few questions that I thought might be answered within this forum.

Anyone know how or where to lock a second helmet? Like a D ring hook under the gas seat or the front trunk?

Any recommendations on a good tank bag for this bike?

Lastly, how many riders from the NW on here?

Thanks and Cheers

Welcome. Tank bag is going to be tough since most use magnets to hold them on. You'll have to find one with a different mounting system. Maybe straps around the frunk lid.

As for the second helmet. I never lock a helmet up. Usually one or two on my seat or on the ground next to the bike

In my little "tool kit" was a wire cable loop with flexible plastic around the middle. This loops thought the D ring on you helmet (and thn back through itself....
When you unlock the seat you will see on the left side of the bike, toward the tail light a squared off hook to loop the wire around. Sorry no pictures (it's dark now)...
Owners manual says not to drive with the second helmet attached in this way!

Welcome to the forum! I always have so much fun in Oregon!

Thanks... wouldn't have thought to look in the tool kit. But I did see that metal hook in the gas tank area, but there was no way to get the D ring to it :)
Thanks again.

Welcome from down the coast. Glad there is another rider in Oregon. Actually our numbers are growing, they just all aren't registered on the Forum. I know of two other owners locally, one with a silver 2012 and one with a red 2013 DCT. Have fun riding.

Haha. Well I was taking kind of a gamble and went with the DCT which, unless I am mistaken only comes in silver. But I'm ok with that cause I think red attracts unwanted attention from the police :)

Haha. Well I was taking kind of a gamble and went with the DCT which, unless I am mistaken only comes in silver. But I'm ok with that cause I think red attracts unwanted attention from the police :)

Didn't realize the DCT didn't come in red. The more you know....
As for attracting the attention of police, I'm more concerned with attracting the attention of oblivious cagers who would otherwise hit me. Better to be noticed by everyone and stay alive.
Besides, I just got a speeding ticket (middle of nowhere trying to get to a wedding on time) in my girlfriend's beige Honda Civic. I've never been pulled over on either of my bright red bikes.

The DCT comes in red also. The parts manager at my Honda dealer just got a red DCT. Says he likes it a lot.

If you bought your nc at Beaverton Honda like me, that little wire doohickey with the black plastic-coated middle that came in the toolkit package is the helmet hanger. Its long enough to fit thru 2 helmets' D-rings and back thru its other end, then onto the hook under the rear seat by the left rear corner. IDK about the tank bag. I just got one from a buddy but like the frunk so much, I don't know if I'll use it.
I can post a pic if you'd like.

Good luck,
Hap

So I just got my NC700X yesterday and already have 112 miles on it. I like it so far and have enjoyed reading peoples' posts on here about their experiences. I have a few questions that I thought might be answered within this forum.

Anyone know how or where to lock a second helmet? Like a D ring hook under the gas seat or the front trunk?

Any recommendations on a good tank bag for this bike?

Lastly, how many riders from the NW on here?

Thanks and Cheers

If you bought your nc at Beaverton Honda like me, that little wire doohickey with the black plastic-coated middle that came in the toolkit package is the helmet hanger. Its long enough to fit thru 2 helmets' D-rings and back thru its other end, then onto the hook under the rear seat by the left rear corner. IDK about the tank bag. I just got one from a buddy but like the frunk so much, I don't know if I'll use it.
I can post a pic if you'd like.

Good luck,
Hap

(sorry for the double post)

Back