• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

On my Bucket list

No day like today. Unless you have to work of course but sunset in Eden isn't until 8:15 tonight. Ride it!

Add highway 101 down the Pacific Coast to your bucket list, then connect to Highway 1 in California. Trust me.

Add highway 101 down the Pacific Coast to your bucket list, then connect to Highway 1 in California. Trust me.
I'm heading up from half moon bay or San Francisco up to Redding on the 20th . I'm actually starting from Los Banos (heading out 0600) and meeting up with a friend in Gilroy. I haven't got the exact route down yet just need to finish that day in Redding. Getting a room in Redding and heading back on the 21st.

I'm heading up from half moon bay or San Francisco up to Redding on the 20th . I'm actually starting from Los Banos (heading out 0600) and meeting up with a friend in Gilroy. I haven't got the exact route down yet just need to finish that day in Redding. Getting a room in Redding and heading back on the 21st.

Two summers ago for vacation, my wife and I flew from Detroit to Seattle. We stayed there 2 nights, then rented a car and drove down the coast, ultimately ending in (and flying back from) San Francisco. We took 101 and 1 all the way down. Simply unreal scenery.

Make sure you take it easy on those roads... LOTS of hairpin turns around really high cliffs, often with no guard rails. Crazy, really. I'll go there on a bike... one day.

Two summers ago for vacation, my wife and I flew from Detroit to Seattle. We stayed there 2 nights, then rented a car and drove down the coast, ultimately ending in (and flying back from) San Francisco. We took 101 and 1 all the way down. Simply unreal scenery.

Make sure you take it easy on those roads... LOTS of hairpin turns around really high cliffs, often with no guard rails. Crazy, really. I'll go there on a bike... one day.
One of the only things I like about California, more then any place I've been is the variation in natural beauty. That sales pitch about going to the snow for fun during the day and then having a fire on the beach that evening, I've done that and it's awesome. I spent over 2 weeks zig zagging from the coast to about 100 miles inland when I was 16 or 17, started in Northern California to the Canadian border. I've driven from Washington down to San Francisco 3 times in the last 15 years but this is the first time on a motorcycle. My favorite part of the west coast for the scenery is between Pismo and Eureka. It's amazing how beautiful the world is.

I was joking about NC-700 highway. I was pointing to the names: NC-700 Hwy & NC700x :D

That one exactly is gong to happen in 3 weeks. :D

I'm heading up from half moon bay or San Francisco up to Redding on the 20th. I haven't got the exact route down yet just need to finish that day in Redding. Getting a room in Redding and heading back on the 21st.
The last time I overnighted in Redding was for a drive-in for a free adjustment to my new Russell Day-Long seat. Best reason ever. Despite the initial cost, the seat has paid me back in comfort many times over. I got both seats, but because I always ride solo, the passenger seat is in storage and ready, only if I happen to fall off the wagon.

IMG_1568.jpg

Once, heading north of Redding on I5 (toward Shasta), a bad traffic accident caused all northern traffic to be detoured off I5 to a side road. It was some of the best hilly, winding, back road travel I've ever (unintentionally) been on.

Ray

Last edited:
NC700 is only a couple of hours away. I'll have to ride up there and get a pic with the NC. Might have to become a pilgrimage spot for us. Heck, Eden is on one end. Actually went out with a girl from there one time...she was an angel.

Did a ride a couple of years ago in which I rode through Erect, N.C., Why Not, N.C. to finish in Climax, N.C. Not kidding.

The last time I overnighted in Redding was for a drive-in for a free adjustment to my new Russell Day-Long seat. Best reason ever. Despite the initial cost, the seat has paid me back in comfort many times over. I got both seats, but because I always ride solo, the passenger seat is in storage and ready, only if I happen to fall off the wagon.

View attachment 33446

Once, heading north of Redding on I5 (toward Shasta), a bad traffic accident caused all northern traffic to be detoured off I5 to a side road. It was some of the best hilly, winding, back road travel I've ever (unintentionally) been on.

Ray
3 perhaps? I haven't gone down many of the smaller roads up and down (north to south) mostly 5 or 1
bc84f4550a06645e0080a91b1e9f623a.jpg

3 perhaps?
North of Pollard Flat to a bit north of Sims, looks like we were diverted off of I5 onto Upper Shotgun Road, a right turn onto Mears Creek Road, a right onto Mears Ridge Road, a right onto Flume Creek Road and back onto I5 well south of Dunsmuir. Looking at the map of that area shows lots of good riding potential.

Ray

North of Pollard Flat to a bit north of Sims, looks like we were diverted off of I5 onto Upper Shotgun Road, a right turn onto Mears Creek Road, a right onto Mears Ridge Road, a right onto Flume Creek Road and back onto I5 well south of Dunsmuir. Looking at the map of that area shows lots of good riding potential.

Ray
Yeah there are some beautiful roads in that area.

Back