• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

OHLINS now available

For those intrested in seriouly modifying their X model Ohlins now list products for this model. Expensive but Quality gear

The Original Gold - Öhlins

Yippee. I was wondering whether they or Wilbers would be the first. That would be a good addendum to the RaceTech Gold Valve conversion I plan to do on the fronts.

I may have a reliable mini GS someday! Thanks!

We'll be passing their Bavarian azzes on the inside. This bike has a hell-for-stout frame and plenty of travel. It wouldn't be hard to add an additional 2" of travel front and rear and that would be the ringer. I haven't decided yet whether I am going to go that extreme or just make good use of the 6" travel that is there. I took the forks off of mine and did some bench testing of them and they are pretty cheap. You can feel the drag and stiction as they are compressed. I believe that properly set up the travel is fine, but going overboard is so much fun. If they were set up with most of the additional two inches devoted to race sag (of which it now has very little), the seat height wouldn't change much. However, the compliance over bad road would be greatly improved.

I have better than a mile of dirt to my home. The last half mile of the road I live on is unpaved and my driveway is about 3/4 mile of gravel. I have some heavy trucks and they keep a bit of washboard on it despite my regular grooming of it with a tractor. So one trip down the driveway will tell the tale and this may be one reason that I am so intent on a proper dirt suspension for this "street" bike. Plus, I am an idiot. I like to flat-track my driveway turns and spew gravel into the trees.

I think there will be a lot of aftermarket support for this bike in the near future, and I can't wait! I'm not that good blasting down gravel roads, but I like keeping the rubber side down for sure.
I was riding way too fast yesterday down a gravel road and damn near got ran over by a Doe and two fawns.
The horn on this is very weak and my cat like reflexes are slowing down.

I think there will be a lot of aftermarket support for this bike in the near future, and I can't wait! I'm not that good blasting down gravel roads, but I like keeping the rubber side down for sure.
I was riding way too fast yesterday down a gravel road and damn near got ran over by a Doe and two fawns.
The horn on this is very weak and my cat like reflexes are slowing down.

Although I would like to agree, it could very well be just a wish.
However I also share this wish.

I just talked with solomotoparts about the Ohlins for the NM700x. The cost is $617 with custom set-up for your weight and riding style. It is the S46DR1 model which is one of the more basic designs that Ohlins makes. Ohlins USA does not have stock yet and they are going to let me know when stock will be available.

Last edited:
I got around 832 - 862 miles from my house to Danielsville. So both ways would would cost about $90.00. Man I like this bike! It would cost me $520.00 to drive my van.

I'd like to check it out some weekend... I'm in ATL, so not too far. Are you going to Barber vintage weekend?

I love overkill.

Back