• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ohio gets a 2016 DCT...

FezUSA

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tried posting this yesterday between 1st day rides, not sure what happened to the post though!

I've been on this forum and the sister CTX forum since early last year, so not quite a new member, however I continued to ride my PCX150 while I decided on what would be my next set of wheels. Not any more though!! :D Now I AM a new owner!

2016-04-23 12.45.06.jpg

Last summer I test rode the faired CTX DCT and new that the DCT was the right choice, but not sold on the seating position nor the cruiser look of it. I liked the look of the naked, but it maintained the same seating position. I didn't see the NC. Once I finally did see the NC and found out that it had on-board storage AND DCT/ABS as an option I was pretty sure that it was my future bike. I joined both forums and read as much as possible about the models, their riders and all the amazing information that you guys have on these sites. THANK YOU!

Fast forward to this week and I got a call from the dealer that the 2016's had arrived and one was a DCT. Took it for a ride on a chilly 45F, slightly damp day and knew that my next bike had arrived. Going in with expectations set and gathered from the veritable smorgasbord of experience and knowledge you have all provided meant that my actual ride quickly made it clear that my new commuter and occasional weekend warrior horse was ready to make it to my stable!

The PCX has stayed for my 16 year old to learn on, so hopefully there's some father/daughter adventures in our very near future!

I already have my farkle list quite well populated, but will continue to keep an eye on all that you guys do to see what may work for me and my 2016.

Thanks again for all you share and for being a great community and resource. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you on the road at some point!

2016-04-23 16.34.30.jpg2016-04-23 16.33.57.jpg

Nice bike! If you enjoy your NCX half as much as I do mine. You will be happy for a long time.
Glad you're on Fuelly. I'm kind of curious about how accurate the instant fuel mileage will be.

Congrats! I love the silver wheels and new styling on the 2016....except for the tail. I think they made it even goofier..Anyhow...hope you love it and get as much enjoyment as I have on my 2012.

[...I'm kind of curious about how accurate the instant fuel mileage will be...]

At least on my other bike (NT700V), the displayed fuel mileage is only for that instant and doesn't represent what you'll get for that tank. I imagine the NC700XD display works in the same way so I've never bothered to select that particular display.

Last edited:
Netizen, I know they're Dunlop as I took a quick glance at them whilst at the dealership and had read here on the forums that the 16's seemed to be arriving with different rubber for different people and also that there are discussions of pro's and con's etc. However if I'm honest, I've spent more time in the saddle than looking at the bike so far :eek: Coming from a PCX150 I've got some handling experience to gain!! I'll take a closer look when I leave work tonight.

What kind of tires are those? They look like a they have a bit of off-road grip to them....
Dunlop Trailmax 609?

95% street 5% dirt, 90/10 at most. They also came on 2014s & 2015 models. I liked the tire for even wear and grip but the rear comes with only about 60% of the normal tread depth of other tires so it wears out very quickly. Lots of threads on that tire.

"Had" to go outside & check when I just went past the door that is 20' from where I'm parked!! Confirming what dduelin said, they are indeed Dunlop Trailmax 609 & 609F.

Congratulations on the new bike. I love those silver wheels. The first DCT I ever rode was a demo CTX700 DCT. I was blown away by the transmission, not so much by the seating position. My 2014 NC came with the Trailmax (Trailcrap) tires. The rear barely made it to 2500 miles before I could see the steel belts peeking through the rubber. Good luck.

Love the look of he new exhaust and the gauges look nice as well. I'm into year 3 with mine and love it. Have fun and stay safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Trailmax on my 2015 as well. After 2,200 miles they probably have about 700 miles left on them. Very shallow tread when they were new. Even though I am very pleased with their grip I think I can get the same grip with a longer life than 2,900 miles. I saw a great thread on tire selection. I'm going to use that as a guide.

turbodiesel & dirflier, I can't speak to the previous model years, but the 2016 instrument panel allows you to cycle through current mpg (constantly changing) > avg mpg for trips A>B etc. and also has one screen only available when the last bar of fuel is flashing. This last screen will then show you # miles ridden since the bar started flashing and amount of fuel used since the bar started flashing with the "RES" (for reserve) between the 2 numbers flashing at an increasing rate the longer you go before fueling up. I think there are 7 or 8 possible screens that you can cycle through between total and trips A & B. Let me know if you want me to post a pic of the page in the manual showing the cycle of options, often a picture makes it so much easier to grasp than written explanations!

Here's a pic of the forks, sorry not the greatest! And one of the headlight. From my understanding the new forks and LED front light were NOT for the US market. There are threads on here discussing what the different markets were getting, so this was of no surprise to me. Do have LED tail lights though :) If the 500 gets an LED headlight and the other markets 700/750 gets an LED headlight, I don't really understand why we don't. I know there are also threads about swapping out bulbs, but I wonder how easy/ how much it would cost to get the OEM LED headlight and what the implications for that would be. I know from RV'ing that running LED's uses a good bit less current for the same or brighter, and also runs cooler. However swapping out the headlight won't happen 'til after a rear rack for my work bag (probably SW-Motech AluRack + soft bag extender). And also, since reading the recent radiator thread, I'm now looking at moving up in the farkle list the rad guard. I'm in Amish / rural country and the amount of small stones on the road can get pretty annoying. I'll also be looking to see which skid/bash plates will fit the 2016 DCT. I like the SW-Motech stuff, but I believe HondaBikePro might have a superior product?!
2016-04-27-19.44.48-web.jpg
2016-04-27-19.23.32-web.jpg

Here's the manual maintenance schedule. As I don't know what prior years looked like I can't tell you if there's been any changes.
2016-04-27-20.22.38-web.jpg
2016-04-27-20.22.59-web.jpg

Just did my first fuel up on my way home from work tonight. I only have a 13 mile trip each way, and depending on which route I take I have a few petrol stations to pick from. So I was somewhat adventurous not knowing how "full" I started with (dealership had "filled" it before my test ride). I had noted yesterday that the last fuel bar started flashing and the screen automatically switched over to the "RES" option and started a count-up of miles ridden since the bar started flashing and a count-up of fuel used during this time too. This kind of made the not knowing how much fuel I started with moot!

I got to 40 miles and hit 0.7 used. Knowing that the manual states the reserve is approximately 0.85 and I was 5 miles from home (10 round-trip) I decided to fill up in the nice warm afternoon sun rather than chance it AND have to fill up in the cold <40F morning ride in to work. I added 3.39 US gallons, which just started to go over the lower part of the plate with the bike on the side stand. Total miles ridden was 160 miles.

Looks like the chain maintenance interval increased by 100 miles.

Nice ride, man. I'm thoroughly impressed with the new body style on the '16

My 2012 NC schedule has the oil filter change every 8000 miles. It's nice to see in the 2016 schedule that the oil filter change and clutch filter change (DCT) is now every 16,000 miles. That's one less chore to do.

Last edited:
Back