• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

OEM Heated Grip Removal?

I always use compressed air to install and remove grips. Air blower tip just under the lip of the grip and it inflates just enough to make a cushion of air and it slides right on or off. This will still work if the "glue" is something appropriate for grips.... hairspray or other "just tacky" stuff. If they used actual glue (stupid), then all bets are off.

I had recently removed the OEM non-heated grip so I can install a set of Oxford heated grips. I had initially used compressed air to remove the grips. It didn't work at all. After prying it loose with a thin screw driver, I discovered that the left side grip was held in place with rubber cement. No wonder... I can't tell you what Honda uses to hold in the OEM heated grip but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same rubber cement.

Good luck!

I believe the official method is with isopropanol. (an alcohol) to break the bond of the quick curing cement they use. And something very thin.

I will try this myself this winter, as i'm not happy with my original grips (placement of right side).

Well it's winter or atleast close enough.

So i tried isopropanol. First on the original grip. Came of no problems. Real easy too.

IMG_20141025_204914.jpg

This is how i have injected it. Using a blunt needle (they sell those)

IMG_20141025_205050.jpg

And this is what it looks like.

IMG_20141025_205034.jpg

The heating layer comes loose aswell. But it's very tight at the base.

So i am trying this now.

IMG_20141025_211454.jpg

Back