• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Odometer Logging 1 mile for every 1/8th

ridgerel

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello fellow enthusiasts, My 2012 NC700x has been logging 1 mile for every 8th of a mile on the odometer. I’ve put on over 1600 false miles recently. Has anyone seen anything like this? Is there a way to disconnect the odometer on its own but keep the speedometer intact? I had a 5400 mile bike 2 weeks ago and now it’s almost 7000 miles. I’ve only gone 200 miles at the most. I can watch the miles flip by on a very short drive. Any ideas would be very appreciated. I’m stumped.
Thanks! Ridge

Well, this is a problem we’ve never heard of.

The combination meter (dash display) get’s it’s signal from the vehicle speed sensor mounted on the transmission. The signal is proportional to rear wheel rotation speed. The odometer reading is based off the same signal that the speedometer receives. If your speedometer is reading correctly, but not the odometer, I could only guess that the combination meter has an internal failure that is not likely repairable.

In combination with your posts about the rats nest of wiring that keeps blowing your fuses, you may have a bigger electrical issue.

This is very strange. Probably not the right answer, but is there a setting that allows the speedometer to register in Kilometers rather than miles?

This is very strange. Probably not the right answer, but is there a setting that allows the speedometer to register in Kilometers rather than miles?
There might be but I haven’t changed any settings. I went 15 miles to and from work yesterday and put on almost 150 miles. I may bite the bullet and buy a new meter. $450 on EBay.

In combination with your posts about the rats nest of wiring that keeps blowing your fuses, you may have a bigger electrical issue.
I rewired the lights that were causing my fuse to blow and that hasn’t been an issue for a while. This goofiness with the odometer seems to be just affecting the mileage accumulation. Maybe I’ll open it up and dress up some of the solder points to see if that makes a difference.

If it is exactly 1/8th. , then it sounds like a computer problem. Computers use base 2, and 1/8th. Is the the third digit to the right of the decimal point.

Back