• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nx700x

emsrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,
we are finally getting the NC700x in the states!! It is arriving at our dealers In july. I am very interested in purchasing this bike. I have been riding for 10 years on a Honda Shadow 600 and will be changing my style of riding!! We ride alot in the mountains on paved roads very curvy and tight. I have my eye on the Kawaski Versys as well but with my size we are having to lower that one and purchase a different seat for me to ride. I am 5'2 and have been reading the forums where the Honda NC700x can be lowered!! We are not sure how available the kit will be to me. I was wondering how everyone is liking this bike. we do alot of camping,touring, day rides and we put between 8 and 10 k miles on in a riding season. thanks

Hello emsrider

I had a Shadow 1100 ACE before buying the NCX (manual with ABS).
I am happy with the bike because it has ABS, it is new, it has loads of torque, it is fuel-economical (not really i care), it has a fake tank for luggage, and it looks very slick.

I am 5'6 if it is any consolation to you, and I tiptoe just a wee bit. There is a lowering kit but it is not original Honda. Some riders in the UK had that fitted.
Versys is nice looking also, but it costs 20% more.

The NCX is a solo bike in my opinion and it does not support "comfortable" 2-up. A cross-runner is better suited for that purpose (if you prefer Honda).

Hope to hear from you more as you find out about the bike.

I too am waiting for the bike to come to the states. July you say? do you have confirmation on this? Sucks that I have to wait another another month + for this bike. Would like to how you got ABS with a manual transmission. I thought that option only came with DCT.

I too am waiting for the bike to come to the states. July you say? do you have confirmation on this? Sucks that I have to wait another another month + for this bike. Would like to how you got ABS with a manual transmission. I thought that option only came with DCT.

Originally we were told June, but I have also confirmed from my dealer that it is looking to be more like the July time frame. No exact date or week confirmed yet, but I was told to call back the first week of June to iron that out.

Will keep you updated.

ABS with manual box is standard in the UK

Good news... my Honda Dealer (in Buffalo NY) called me today to confirm that Honda has responded to my order with an order/delivery number! Outstanding! As planned, after my deposit, I'm 1st in line in the Western NY Area! The bad news... My dealer said that he expects delivery to be mid July to as late as early August. Brutal! Good thing I have another bike!! Now I'm getting impatient...

Good news... my Honda Dealer (in Buffalo NY) called me today to confirm that Honda has responded to my order with an order/delivery number! Outstanding! As planned, after my deposit, I'm 1st in line in the Western NY Area! The bad news... My dealer said that he expects delivery to be mid July to as late as early August. Brutal! Good thing I have another bike!! Now I'm getting impatient...

That is great news! I am sick of calling numerous dealers and they always say, we will get back to you in a couple of days...... and of course they never do. So I am going to head out to a couple of dealers this weekend and see what they can do for me.

I picked up my NC700X 8/13. Love it! I have just over 300 miles on it. Had to fill it up twice is all. :) First time was 48 MPG and the next time was 53MPG. Slowly getting to that 64MPG. If I see 60MPG I will be amazed!

I do have one tiny little thing I would like to adjust. The foot brake pedal is lower than I would like it. I want it a little higher so I don't have to press/rotate my foot down so far. I can't seem to figure out how to adjust it. Does anyone have any pointers? Wrenches don't appears to fit where it looks like you adjust a nut. The owners manual doesn't say a word about how to go about adjusting it either. Any help (pictures, diagrams etc..) would be helpful. Thank you.

I picked up my NC700X 8/13. Love it! I have just over 300 miles on it. Had to fill it up twice is all. :) First time was 48 MPG and the next time was 53MPG. Slowly getting to that 64MPG. If I see 60MPG I will be amazed!

I do have one tiny little thing I would like to adjust. The foot brake pedal is lower than I would like it. I want it a little higher so I don't have to press/rotate my foot down so far. I can't seem to figure out how to adjust it. Does anyone have any pointers? Wrenches don't appears to fit where it looks like you adjust a nut. The owners manual doesn't say a word about how to go about adjusting it either. Any help (pictures, diagrams etc..) would be helpful. Thank you.
I got my service manual today so I took a look. There is no adjustment per se listed but if you remove the bolts that retain the foot peg mount you can access the threaded rod that connects the foot pedal to the rear master cylinder. Perhaps shortening the threaded pushrod will raise the pedal to your liking.

I got my service manual today so I took a look. There is no adjustment per se listed but if you remove the bolts that retain the foot peg mount you can access the threaded rod that connects the foot pedal to the rear master cylinder. Perhaps shortening the threaded pushrod will raise the pedal to your liking.

I adjusted my brake pedal after installing lowered footpegs. The nuts are accessible from the back side. It helps to have a stubby open end. The lower nut is the locknut. Loosen it then turn the upper nut to adjust. When you are happy, retighten the lower nut.

I adjusted my brake pedal after installing lowered footpegs. The nuts are accessible from the back side. It helps to have a stubby open end. The lower nut is the locknut. Loosen it then turn the upper nut to adjust. When you are happy, retighten the lower nut.

Thank you Beemerphile. I couldn't figure out which nut did what, and it is soooo hard to get access to either one of them. I will probably need to find a nice and short open end. Thanks again.

Back