• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

No penny, but thoughts about your Airhawk seat pad are wanted :)

Flaferalcat

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
HI!
I've used the search options and looked at previous threads but haven't quite gotten an answer to my question about airhawk seats on the NCX.
Im interested in the opionions of those of you who bought aithawks. Which version did you buy? How is it working for you? Do you like it? If not what else id you buy, or just trash it and ride on? :D
My reason is that while I enjoy the stock seat for most of my commuting and sportier riding. While traveling, I was loaned a seat pad, gel type, and liked the slightly extra height as my shoulders were able to relax a little more, as well as my legs with the slightly further reach to the pegs. I found it not so good for getting seriously jiggy though.
Thanks IAV!
FFC:)

The one I borrowed from my Dad for a multi-day trip _almost_ made me decide to skip the planned stop at Corbin, where they were to make a seat for me. It really helped me with the factory seat.

Custom-shaped seat is better, though. :)

They are great for comfort on long rides. Just make sure you don't over inflate it. Most people make that mistake.. you should be JUST above bottoming out on the seat... when I lean into a turn and shift all my weight to that side I like to bottom out on the seat on that side.... so just barley above bottoming out.

NOw.. for getting seriously "Jiggy" if you mean hanging off the side in the corners... no... take it off for that kind of riding... you don't need any sort of pad shifting around underneath you doing that aggressive of riding.

The Medium is the best fit.... and there are now 2 versions of airhawk. I like the original best as it is thicker rubber... but they are very similar in feel and the Airhawk 2 is cheaper so it might be a better value.

I've had mine over a month now. still not quite happy with it.
so it may not suit every body.
I'm still experimenting and hopefully I'll get the right amount of air in.
on each ride I let a little air out.
the problem that I have now is in between my legs! after about an hour ride its start to get uncomfortable.
time for new under wear me thinks.
I've tried new seamless underwear but not improved things.
bought the tight cyclist short they seem to work better for longer.
if I still feel that I'm not happy ,I'll try the 'R' type air seat.

oh and as for GEL seat forget it.
you might as well sit on a plank.
I've had 3 in the past 1st one slight molded to my ***..
had one fitted into my seat that improved things a LITTLE but bl**dy cold in winter months..ideal if you want piles!
and one in a pouch... again to hard.
my late father in law had a gel seat on his push bike and that was really soft but I can't get it for m/bikes.
I've even wrote to the manufacturer if the will sell me a sheet but never got a reply.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input so far everyone!
Jonakay- YEah I hear ya about the guy-package issues! :D I found the the long legged/sleeve heat wear from underarmour to e the best so far for that...but uh...on my Vision they were so comfortable that I rode for so long I had some heat blistering on the backside ;) ...another reason I'm looking at the Airhawk.., lol

PS- Yes. 'JIGGY'= aggresive rapid changes to the motorcycle in direction and or speed. :D
PSS-lol- MZ5- Did you have to put a matching Corbin piliion pad on as well?

Last edited:
The pillion was optional, but I chose to get it. That was a mistake. My wife hates it. Oh, well.

I looked up the Corbin, but when the site said...um...something about needing the rear pillion to make sure I could fuel it, I decided against it. If you two have no issues, I may rethink my thinking.

I looked up the Corbin, but when the site said...um...something about needing the rear pillion to make sure I could fuel it, I decided against it. If you two have no issues, I may rethink my thinking.
There is no problem with putting fuel in the tank. The only potential problem is that the Corbin front seat may be a little thicker than the OEM front seat and you'll have to press down on the front part of the OEM pillion seat to get the cable to release and open the pillion seat to refuel. This becomes less of a problem over time with putting miles and pressure on the seats overlap area and with the heat of the sunshine and your body weight. The leather and the foam of the seats become less thick and the cable release works effortlessly. Or your Corbin front seat and OEM pillion may mesh together perfectly from the get go.

I've also been using the Airhawk Medium Cruiser and its made all the difference in riding the X. I can ride longer and farther without my butt getting as sore as it did with just the stock seat. Coincidentally, I'll be doing a Saddlesore 1000 this weekend and another 1,000 mile jaunt to Pennsylvania the following week. I'll report back on how it does over those trips and it'll be the longest distance I've done with the AH pad.

I've also been using the Airhawk Medium Cruiser and its made all the difference in riding the X. I can ride longer and farther without my butt getting as sore as it did with just the stock seat. Coincidentally, I'll be doing a Saddlesore 1000 this weekend and another 1,000 mile jaunt to Pennsylvania the following week. I'll report back on how it does over those trips and it'll be the longest distance I've done with the AH pad.

OOH! I'm looking forward to hearing from you about that, as longer distances is what I'm looking at an Airhawk for doing. Though, I doubt I'll pass 900 miles at a go. Thanks for posting! ...And safe journeys to you!

I did 1,215 miles in 24 hrs in June on my Super Tenere with the Air Hawk pad. I bought it for the NC, but it goes where my butt goes.

FLferalcat-I did 1054 miles in 17 hours Labor Day last year (2014)-actually rode to Williston from Indiana via Mobile, Alabama with the medium cruiser air hawk pad on my NC700x. Rear-end still got sore but not nearly as much as it would have without it, and it was new and I hadn't figured out my preferred air pressure yet. Follow the directions-it only need 1/4 to 1/2 inch of air in it. People who don't like it usually have too much air in it.

Follow the directions-it only need 1/4 to 1/2 inch of air in it. People who don't like it usually have too much air in it.
there was no instruction stating that only need 1/4 to 1/2 inch of air in it.
what it did say blew it up and sit on it and release air till you find it comfortable.
I did that and whoosh it all came out and none was left in and I'm no light weight.
so I blew it up and let a bit out at a time while out on the bike ,of cause I got off to do this.
gradually its getting there.
the weather has turned for the worst now and for the 1st time in months I'm wearing a jumper.

Copied from directions: Ideal inflation is about 1/2 inch off the seat. If you bottom out on the base of the seat, add more air through the fill valve and adjust again. DO NOT OVERINFLATE

FLferalcat-I did 1054 miles in 17 hours Labor Day last year (2014)-actually rode to Williston from Indiana via Mobile, Alabama with the medium cruiser air hawk pad on my NC700x. Rear-end still got sore but not nearly as much as it would have without it, and it was new and I hadn't figured out my preferred air pressure yet. Follow the directions-it only need 1/4 to 1/2 inch of air in it. People who don't like it usually have too much air in it.

Thanks David! I forgot which pad you had told me you were using.
Thanks everyone! I'm just about SOLD! The med cruiser pad should also fit well on my Vision.... I hope?

Back