• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

No Motorcycle Signs

In my town they came up with a simple solution: If your motorcycle doesn't have an EPA engraving on the muffler...You are ticketed. The brilliance is that this allows LEOs to ticket anyone with a loud pipe. Why? Because there isn't a loud pipe made that has an EPA sticker! No need for $2,000 decibel meters or expert testimony or audio engineers...All motorcycles simply must have EPA approved mufflers on them. End of discussion.

What if your pipe doesn't have a EPA sticker? No worries, you won't get stopped unless your bike is obnoxiously loud and you insist on rapping the throttle while idling through town...

It works brilliantly and many residents of this exclusive coastal town (which includes many resident motorcyclists ) seem happy with the policy.

In my town they came up with a simple solution: If your motorcycle doesn't have an EPA engraving on the muffler...You are ticketed. The brilliance is that this allows LEOs to ticket anyone with a loud pipe. Why? Because there isn't a loud pipe made that has an EPA sticker! No need for $2,000 decibel meters or expert testimony or audio engineers...All motorcycles simply must have EPA approved mufflers on them. End of discussion.

What if your pipe doesn't have a EPA sticker? No worries, you won't get stopped unless your bike is obnoxiously loud and you insist on rapping the throttle while idling through town...

It works brilliantly and many residents of this exclusive coastal town (which includes many resident motorcyclists ) seem happy with the policy.
It appears that the Yankees copied the California State Vehicle Code! It must be spreading.

I have toured extensively in Europe and I have not as yet, come across one of these signs on ordinary roads. I have no doubt they will be at trail heads and walkways just as other vehicle banning signs will also .

I just had a look. There are quite a few in Germany and some are on roads that would be quite interesting to motorcyclists as they are on high ground. Again I have been fortunate not to encounter any on my travels. Of course it is well known over here in Europe that many European Politicians, have a mission to have motorcycles banned completely from public roads.

Back 40 years or so ago when I first thought about getting a MC I lived in New York City. NYC back then was about the un-friendliest of places to own a bike. You could not park in a metered spot anywhere in the city or on many of the streets in Manhattan. In Manhattan there were special MC parking areas, only 4 or 5 of them, on the extreme east and west sides of the island. Bikes got no respect, people who would never think of vandalizing a car didn't think twice about doing so to bike. I knew a few riders back then and each of them had long lists of horror stories to tell. I bought a car. I left the City 25 years ago so I don't know what it's like now but I doubt it's much better. I know Michael Bloomberg did not like MC's.

Last edited:
Back