• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

newbie question about the standard hard cases.

If I'm not mistaken, the ones from Honda are 29L. The Honda mounting hardware is not compatible with anything but Honda bags. If you want Givis, you'll have to buy the mounting hardware and swap out the Honda brackets.

A lot of folks on here have gone with an SW Motech setup that can take Givi, SW Motech and I think a few more brands. Good luck.

Really? You'd think if keeping costs low was an issue, you wouldn't want to invent your very own proprietary system when the people you have making your bags already have a proven system in place. Oh well, what do I know?

Comes down to overall aesthetics with the bike rather than price. I loved the look of the Honda bags and case, both with they were on and off the bike. I just could not justify the money on top of the bike. I could have saved up for a while longer and gotten them, but I ended up with even lower-profile setup (when bags are off the bike, that is) with the SW-Motech gear - both the pannier bags and the rear carrier.

I went with Givi mounts on my bike because the Givi bags are the easiest to find used and I got a very good deal from dduelin a member of this forum on a set of racks that have tool tubes already attached. I could have gone with the SW-Motech racks as they have adapters available for most of the major brands.

I like the look of the Givi V35s They tuck in nice, and I'm moving up from a scooter with redonkulous storage, and am frankly a bit spoiled by it. We do a lot of 2up and like to leave our gear on the bike and I don't believe the Hondas will take a full face. Trekkers look too narrow for a full face as well.

Look inside a set of Honda panniers before buying. They are odd shaped inside. It has caused me problems on a few occasions. I like them, they look good on the bike, but they have an odd interior shape. The bottom is much more narrow that the top. I found a box that fits perfect in that spot and it is where I put my chain oil, tire repair kit and first aid kit. Something like a laptop will not fit unless it is really small.

They are perfect for items like clothing and I have never had a leak.

Just want you to be aware.

I ordered the Givi V35 tech cases a few months ago and I really enjoy the extra room. I also ordered the soft cases that go inside, much easier to pack my gym gear then trying to shove my duffle bag inside the odd shaped case. I ordered from Motostorm.it. With the dollar song against the euro I saved between hundreds, processing and shipping took about a week and a half and they let you select what color insert for the cases you want at no extra charge. I also added the lights from admorelighting.com. The side cases will not fit my scorpion xl helmet, neither will the frunk but I have a top case that holds it.

Look inside a set of Honda panniers before buying. They are odd shaped inside...
Something like a laptop will not fit unless it is really small.

You must learn to see beyond the limits of your sight, grasshopper. :) My medium+ sized (15" wide format) Dell laptop fits just fine. It just doesn't _look_ like it's going to fit. The straps help keep it there, too. ;-)

You must learn to see beyond the limits of your sight, grasshopper. :) My medium+ sized (15" wide format) Dell laptop fits just fine. It just doesn't _look_ like it's going to fit. The straps help keep it there, too. ;-)

I did say unless it is really small. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S5

[would someone please tell me what max load is in each Honda side case?]

I believe it's around 20 pounds (9 kg) which seems to be an industry standard, no matter how big or small the side bag. Just looking at the official Honda side bags, it's difficult to believe that it's a true 29 L size so they're probably using all the nooks & crannies in the volume measurement and these are often useable space.

Givi makes bags for many of the motorcycle manufacturers under their own name and all of them seem to have a unique mounting system. There might be an extra-cost involved to use Givi's existing proprietary mounting system?

Last edited:
Back