• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Windscreen by Ermax (+15 cm)

This one looks good, sadly the ones that look good for the NC usually don't work for $hit.... But if you get one, you can let us know... :)

I make my own from a $20 sheet of lexan and HondaBikePro's nut plate. It is what I want it to be. Definitely NOT stylish.
I have a cardboard pattern, I can send if anyone wants to send the means for me to mail it back.
(Photo coming as soon as I get home today to take it)

It is definitely the second best looking one I have seen. I know that most people here choose function over form; but I am really into the aesthetics of the aftermarket parts. This one is, by far, a cleaner look than the Big old Honking Shoebox screens, but I still like the windscreen I have the best (so far). It is +10cm not 15cm, but the improved function over the stock is well adequate. The design on the top lip sends the wind far overhead.

PowerBronze Windshield-Dark nc700x

Attachments

• Tall Screen w:tint.jpg
    Tall Screen w:tint.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,550
Last edited:
I make my own from a $20 sheet of lexan and HondaBikePro's nut plate. It is what I want it to be. Definitely NOT stylish.
I have a cardboard pattern, I can send if anyone wants to send the means for me to mail it back.

what! you've manage to do or make some thing for yourself...
no doubt obammymamy will be proud!;)
1292223254212-dumpfm-mario-Obamaclap.gif

The problem is the same as the Honda OEM versions. The trim trips smooth airflow and causes turbulence.

I have not found that to be true................found no diifference with the trim on or off with a full size Honda Touring screen or a cut down touring screen.

I have not found that to be true................found no diifference with the trim on or off with a full size Honda Touring screen or a cut down touring screen.

Fair enough, but as a general aerodynamic principle it is true - you don't put interruptions in laminar flow unless you want to trip the air into turbulence. This is the only aftermarket screen I've seen with trim and there is probably a good reason for that scarcity among professionals. There is also good reason why the OEMs put trim on windshields: lawyers!

Last edited:
StratTuner, it is already the day after today! Which is Yesterday! Where is the photo? We may not want to borrow your pattern if we can't see the finished product.
We'll be waiting!

It is definitely the second best looking one I have seen. I know that most people here choose function over form; but I am really into the aesthetics of the aftermarket parts. This one is, by far, a cleaner look than the Big old Honking Shoebox screens, but I still like the windscreen I have the best (so far). It is +10cm not 15cm, but the improved function over the stock is well adequate. The design on the top lip sends the wind far overhead.

PowerBronze Windshield-Dark nc700x

Jay,
Are the two photos showing the same screen? The photo of the screen on the bike is the Powerbronze Flip?
What brand, model, is the screen shown in the first photo? Or is it the Powerbronze shown at a different? :confused:

Would anyone happen to know if either the powerbronze or the ermax screens will work with barkbusters? Thanks!

ermax + 15 windscreen will barely touch barkbusters at full lock depending on angle of handlebars. with a straight riser that will change, probably with even more room unless one places the handlebar angle further toward vertical.

I'd recommend Dale's nut plates for attaching any windscreen that uses the standard attachment method because Honda's are not up to the job.

The Ermax +15cm touring screen is really quite nice and looks great in light black! In fact my gal who is rather non-interested in cycles loved the look, the blackout pattern at the bottom, the flare. Unlike the pictures you may have seen, there is no outer "border".

The width of the screen really keeps the chest from getting blasted back and deals well with winds coming in at an angle because of the width and shape. But I have to say that height of Ermax screen is probably best for 5'9" or under... for me at 5'11" (I think I might have a long torso) it's placing force at the top of the helmet, enough that when I raise my face shield it vibrates/flexes back and forth. If I lean in without ducking down it totally kills that helmet/face-shield oscillation, but when I ride in positions I use more often, it's just not quite right for my height.

I haven't decided if I will sell mine after using it once for a 300-mile day, or trying an alternative mounting system or an add-on deflector. Or maybe devise a way to get effective use of it on my WR250R.

The Ermax +15cm touring screen is really quite nice and looks great in light black! In fact my gal who is rather non-interested in cycles loved the look, the blackout pattern at the bottom, the flare. Unlike the pictures you may have seen, there is no outer "border".

The width of the screen really keeps the chest from getting blasted back and deals well with winds coming in at an angle because of the width and shape. But I have to say that height of Ermax screen is probably best for 5'9" or under... for me at 5'11" (I think I might have a long torso) it's placing force at the top of the helmet, enough that when I raise my face shield it vibrates/flexes back and forth. If I lean in without ducking down it totally kills that helmet/face-shield oscillation, but when I ride in positions I use more often, it's just not quite right for my height.

I haven't decided if I will sell mine after using it once for a 300-mile day, or trying an alternative mounting system or an add-on deflector. Or maybe devise a way to get effective use of it on my WR250R.

Hi greenboy, here is my solution for 15+ Ermax windscreen (BTW I still have to clean it after the camping trip):

Windshield 2.jpgWindshield1.jpg

The visor deflects the wind way above the helmet (I'm 5'8", 30" inseam); however, it is not a vacuum bubble. There is quite bit of a breeze coming around the visor, so I still get fresh air to the helmet vents. During the entire trip I did not get a single bug on the visor.

Back