• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Rider-Need Info before purchase, Test Ride in So Cal???

jayatc99

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a new rider and came across the NC700 as I was searching for my first bike. I am 6'1" tall and weigh 205 pounds. I will be mostly using it for commuting on side streets. Will this be a big enough machine?

Also, does nayone know where in the IE area or close that I can test ride the bike? Do not feel good at all about not being able to test ride. I test drove a Triumph Tiger 800 and did not like it. Don;t want to drop $8k and not like it. I am planning on comparing the NC700 and the Yamaha Super Tenere.

Thanks

I am 6'3" and 185 lbs. I switched to this machine from super sport bikes and motocross. I must say it is not near as powerful as my previous bikes but it is very comfortable, handles like crazy and you cant complain about the mileage. I actually traded in my Honda RC51 for my NC700X manual shifter. Just did my 600mi. service and still very happy with my choice.

I'm 5'9" if I stretch and weigh about 200, the bike has enough power. You won't be outrun by 4-wheel machinery, but you might feel a bit cramped by footpeg position. Take a long test ride.

First of all, if you can do, take a test ride. I bought mine in winter, but not tested it ( -5 celsius, snow, rain and wind... ). It was a hard decision, but it worth it's price. Quite powerfull for me ( previous bike was a CBR250R ). As seen on youtube, fastest run is 5.3 seconds 0-100 km/h. The seat is a little bit strange, because it has a forward slipping position. Engine is good, DCT is extremely great. I will do weekend trips and some inner city cruise.
What do you mean _ big enough? Size is quite big, 225 kg-s weight, but when riding, it acts like a lighter bike.

I’m 6’1, 175lbs, ~35” inseam. Bike works great as a commuter. Power wise 205lbs is no problem. I ride my daughter around a bit with a combined weight over 300lbs and the bike has no problems with it. Ergonomics wise we have 6’4+ riders out here that find it just fine. Personally I added handle bar risers, lower foot pegs, and did the do it yourself seat mod to remove the slope. None of that is necessary but I found it more comfortable for my taste.
With the low center of gravity and torque coming in low in the RPMs, it is ideally suited for side streets and back roads but don’t discount the interstate as she is quite capable there.

Back