• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New rear mud guard

duk2n

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The NC700X sold in Oceania has a different rear mud guard - tail light cover.

Here is it:

oce_zpsa2c121ef.png

While this is what we get:

eu_zps0bde825c.png

Some months ago I requested help to my local dealer to get one. FYI, the Honda part number is 80140-MGS-U70

Finally, he was able to get it. Here is a pic of the piece:

IMAG0213_zps30a8b912.jpg

Now, time to install it.

As you can see in the second picture, "our" standard mud guard is, at the same time, part of the plate holder. So you need to cut it to make room for the new one:

IMAG0215_zps52fa781f.jpg

IMAG0217_zps741bb85b.jpg

IMAG0216_zpsf20535f5.jpg

IMAG0218_zps40d79d3d.jpg

Please note I cutted it in a way I could have it fitted again if needed. To do so I could glue or rivet it with the help of a small piece of plastic.

In addition to the current screw that fits the tail light cover in place, you will need another two screws and -probably- a couple of washers (it depends on the head shape). FYI, the screw is 3.9 mm diameter x 19 mm long:

IMAG0214_zps7c3d1777.jpg

Here is how it looks once fitted:

IMAG0223_zps5e698180.jpg

IMAG0222_zps5174537f.jpg

IMAG0220_zps6a8ca315.jpg

IMAG0219_zpsaf69d5d1.jpg

I hope it and my Skidmarx rear hugger will be able to definitively stop the spray and crap comming from the rear tyre. The firsts test confirm it.

Part number: 80140-MGS-U70

HTH

Last edited:
That looks nice. Thanks for info José!
Do you have a price tag that you paid for this piece of plastic?

Hi Christian, my dealer owe me some favours so he gave me a special price. It's better if you ask your own dealer. I'm sorry for that

Hi Christian, my dealer owe me some favours so he gave me a special price. It's better if you ask your own dealer. I'm sorry for that

No worries mate!
I just thought of getting a round figure to make sure that my local dealer just won't find one of those "fabulous" prices any simple plastic part can have sometimes... :)

José, What does the new cover accomplish? I can see that the current cover allows some road splash to get in there, but there are only some weatherproofed electrical connectors inside, right?

José, What does the new cover accomplish? I can see that the current cover allows some road splash to get in there, but there are only some weatherproofed electrical connectors inside, right?

Right, but I'm not looking for a better "tail light cover" use, but for a better mud guard. I was getting spray and crap in the passenger seat. The new "wings" of the new piece do a better job. They are like women's compresses, they are better with wings LOL

Just got back from my Honda Dealer, parts guy says no go.... USA does not get that part..............

Found it...... $76.99 Honda Europe............

Last edited:
Just got back from my Honda Dealer, parts guy says no go.... USA does not get that part..............

Found it...... $76.99 Honda Europe............

I guess you could get if much more cheaper from some Honda Australian dealer?

Is there any benefit to replacing the one guard with the other? Never mind, already saw the answer. Not sure I could justify the price and pain of doing this for the limited results...

Last edited:
Can not be had....... You have to find a Honda Dealer in the UK to order this #... Honda felt like us USA folks would not want or need this part#...

Can not be had....... You have to find a Honda Dealer in the UK to order this #... Honda felt like us USA folks would not want or need this part#...

That does seem rather arrogant attitude by Honda USA. If you've got the right part number they should be able order anything as long as you are prepared to wait for the part to arrive.

I agree. My parts guy explained that Sales are in charge of Accessorys, not the parts dept. all he could do is type in the number.. Says invalid number. He advised me to go online and search a UK site.... that's what I did...........

I agree. My parts guy explained that Sales are in charge of Accessorys, not the parts dept. all he could do is type in the number.. Says invalid number. He advised me to go online and search a UK site.... that's what I did...........

The same happens here at Spain, but my dealer was so gentle to have it ordered anyway, I don't know how. I'm pretty sure it is a standard OEM part in the bikes sold in Oceania

Same thing happens with turn signal lenses. Europe gets clear (smoked) and we get stuck with amber. Tried to order the euro part number and its a no go. CBR1000RR (2012) are clear and work just FYI

That does seem rather arrogant attitude by Honda USA. If you've got the right part number they should be able order anything as long as you are prepared to wait for the part to arrive.

Arrogant..........think not.........they stock parts for bikes sold here (US) there would be no way (from a fiscal view point) to stock parts from around the world on the chance someone will buy it.

As far as the turn signal you get into a FMVSS certification problem for the manufacture and they are not going to import a part not prior certified for that model even though other models may have the same part.

The US market is much more free market as we do not have MOT inspections that stop many modifications..........but the manufacture has standards that must be met.

Thanks to the Internet any part can be had, by anyone, at any time, as long as your willing pay.

Back