• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New owner, need to use some Honda Bonus Bucks

jggassert

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just purchased a left over 2012 NC700X (non-DCT). Surprised to see a 2012 on the floor still, but nevertheless, they are offering $300 in bonus bucks currently and I was thinking about having the dealer install the center stand and light bar...

In your opinion are there other options that will benefit me more at this point?

If you are installing the light bar because you want to install lights, then have them install the relay kit and accessory harness. You can have that there for future use. Be aware that the light bar is of little or no use as a crash bar.

Get the Honda center stand for sure.

For other items like windshields, luggage, racks, etc., you have many aftermarket choices, many of which may be better than what Honda offers. The Honda heated grips are nice but very pricey. You can buy an aftermarket set of heated grips for $50 whereas the Honda unit will run you over $200. You might be tempted by the Honda touring windscreen, but many people dislike it because it increases noise and turbulence. The Honda 12 volt outlet in the frunk would be nice but it is limited to very low power output, and you can buy one much cheaper elsewhere anyway.

Maybe they can just toss in some oil and air filters. You'll need them some day.

Definitely the center stand is worth it (and I don't even know what it'll cost you!).

I have the Honda light bar, and will mount some PIAAs to it (LEDs) and hook them in to the factory accessory wiring harness, some day...
:)

I'm with 670cc. Center stand and relay kit/accessory harness are the two practical add-on's from the start.

I'm in "Agreement" with silverhound on this one. :)

Those items are a good start, you should not stop there though...

I'm up to 25 accessories on my NC700XD, 13 of them Honda and 12 aftermarket.

IMG_2418.jpg

I plan to add the lights, so I'll have them install the wire harness, thanks! I won't be stopping here, believe me, many more mods planned this year. The dealer is installing a 12v plug in the frunk that is not oem. Prioritizing the rest, I.e. Barkbusters, radiator guard, engine guard, rear hugger, day-long front and rear seats, and Givi racks

I've read most reviews on various aftermarket windscreens, and racks...as well as watched every relevant NCX video on YouTube...I'll be making videos and posting pics as I mod this bike...haven't named her yet...my '76 CB550 is "Lucille", and I love working on her...

Last edited:
+1 on the centerstand, a well needed addition IMO. My other choice would be some type of rear rack for hauling stuff or for future top case

That is actually a tough question. It would be hard for me to stay under $300. I agree with 670cc and silverhound as I have everything they mentioned. Will you be commuting, touring, or weekend rides? Centerstand is a must when it comes to cleaning and lubing chain. You live up north so I can seee you wanting heated grips later so the accessory harness will benifit you later. If you decide to commute the top box will come in real handy. My most used and cheapest farkle to date is my RAM cell phone mount. I could not live without it and it was cheap. So if you have a couple leftover bucks to spend and you like using google maps to get around I'd think about something along those lines usless you plan to buy a real GPS.

That is actually a tough question. It would be hard for me to stay under $300. I agree with 670cc and silverhound as I have everything they mentioned. Will you be commuting, touring, or weekend rides? Centerstand is a must when it comes to cleaning and lubing chain. You live up north so I can seee you wanting heated grips later so the accessory harness will benifit you later. If you decide to commute the top box will come in real handy. My most used and cheapest farkle to date is my RAM cell phone mount. I could not live without it and it was cheap. So if you have a couple leftover bucks to spend and you like using google maps to get around I'd think about something along those lines usless you plan to buy a real GPS.

It appears that we are all in agreement regarding all the "Electrical Accessories" and a few of the "Functional/Practical" such as the Honda Rear Rack and Rear Box. Service Honda (Discounted Honda Parts and Acc.) based in Indiana, sells all Honda Parts and Accessories at 20-30% off of retail. I would also add a Rear Wheel Hugger, Front Fendor Extender, Extended Windshield, and Hand Guards. I may be putting together a post with my recemmendation for a commuter bike here soon, that subject comes up quite often on here.

I also in agreement with the Honda Rear Rack and the possibility of adding the Honda Read Box later on too... :D

But be aware that if you buy the Honda rear rack, you're pretty much stuck with the Honda top box in the future. Going with a Givi or even better an SW-Motech rack, will leave more possibilities open.

It appears that we are all in agreement regarding all the "Electrical Accessories" and a few of the "Functional/Practical" such as the Honda Rear Rack and Rear Box. Service Honda (Discounted Honda Parts and Acc.) based in Indiana, sells all Honda Parts and Accessories at 20-30% off of retail. I would also add a Rear Wheel Hugger, Front Fendor Extender, Extended Windshield, and Hand Guards. I may be putting together a post with my recemmendation for a commuter bike here soon, that subject comes up quite often on here.

I looked up Service Honda and their NC accessories only appear to be discounted about 16.5%. Service Honda's NC700X centerstand is $133.53. I bought mine for $112.50, and it's now $107.22 at procaliber.com with no tax and free shipping.

What do you do to get 30% off at Service Honda? Apply a coupon code?

Last edited:
But be aware that if you buy the Honda rear rack, you're pretty much stuck with the Honda top box in the future. Going with a Givi or even better an SW-Motech rack, will leave more possibilities open.

The Honda Box meets all my needs, plus it goes along with the styling of the side Cowl Panel Accents too.

Again thanks to everyone and their advice. This will be an ongoing project.

I should be able to get the center stand, lightbar, and wiring installed for the $300 since the dealer gives 15% discount on everything for 30 days...not the best deal I know, but I'll be calling them tomorrow (closed today) considering this bike has been sitting there for 2 years, and make sure they don't play games with the $300 bonus bucks. I've heard some horror stories, about some dealers.

Everything else I'll be doing myself or at my local honda dealer. After the 30 days when my discount expires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I looked up Service Honda and their NC accessories only appear to be discounted about 16.5%. Service Honda's NC700X centerstand is $133.53. I bought mine for $112.50, and it's now $107.22 at procaliber.com with no tax and free shipping.

What do you do to get 30% off at Service Honda? Apply a coupon code?

No, they claim "UP TO 30% OFF", does mean that you will receive that percentage on everything. I've ordered replacement parts for my ST1300 all the time from them. I've never figured out the percentage, as long as it was lower than my local dealer was quoting me with S&H, I'm always alright with it...

I'm in "Agreement" with silverhound on this one. :)

Those items are a good start, you should not stop there though...

I'm up to 25 accessories on my NC700XD, 13 of them Honda and 12 aftermarket.

View attachment 16221

Seeing that you have the grey accessory panels on the sides of the fairing (with the Honda emblem), can you tell me if they are Exactly the same color as the footpeg/passenger peg bracket, or are they some other similar, but not exact shade? I know they don't match the body color exactly but wondered if they matched the bracket. Thanks.

One last question, before I have the lightbar installed, are aftermarket engine guards compatible with the OEM lightbar? Or will I be removing it to add an engine guard in a month or 2?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seeing that you have the grey accessory panels on the sides of the fairing (with the Honda emblem), can you tell me if they are Exactly the same color as the footpeg/passenger peg bracket, or are they some other similar, but not exact shade? I know they don't match the body color exactly but wondered if they matched the bracket. Thanks.

These accent panels are supposed to look like "Brushed Aluminum", which is "Dull" in appearance. The colors between them are a few shades off from each other, the bracket color is brighter and shinier as it's a "Metallic Aluminum" with "Flakes".

Is is still too late to suggest? I would leave the center stand and light bar for later. Go for the Honda Top Box and brackets. Instant gratification and useful everyday. Haven' had to drive the car since Christmas Day thanks to the luggage.

Back