• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New NC700X DCT/ABS in Minnesota, USA

MinnetonkaMark

Reaction score
Visit site
A few weeks ago I took a short test ride on a NC700X, non-DCT/ABS. I liked it, asked the dealer to order an NC700X with DCT/ABS. It arrived this week and its now in my garage!!! I rode it home from the dealer, a distance of 60 miles.

I wanted a bike for the long ride to/from work (52 miles) and for long trips. I got everything I wanted. I really enjoyed the ride home.

I have nine other motorcycles, mostly KTM and Ducati. Compared against these Euro bikes the NC700X is a fantastic machine. Extremely smooth. It has less vibration than my 2010 Ducati 1098 Streetfighter, which has an inherantly balanced 90 degree V-Twin engine and very expensive forged aluminum wheels. During the ride home I was forced to make a panic stop from 70MPH to zero in a very short distance. The brakes work very well, but you must be forceful on the controls. The DCT is really cool, state of the art. It works just like the DCT on the Honda MotoGP race bike.

For anyone who missed this link from my previous post, this YouTube video shows Casey Stoner demonstrating the DCT transmission on the Honda MotoGP race bike. Turn up the sound level and listen to the engine sound as Stoner changes gears. Watch the fingers on his left hand. You'll understand DCT. Its a 21st century method for selecting transmission gears.

An onboard lap of Sepang with Casey Stoner - YouTube

Mark-

Back