• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Greetings from Lincoln, Nebraska, USA. My name is Marc. I have a silver 2012 NC700X. Just passed the 900 mile threshold. Haven't done really long rides yet, 2-3 hours round trip most of the time. Going to try a longer ride next month. Hope my butt can survive it!

I also own, for now, an 81 Suzuki GS650E. I like the bike a lot but she's eating too much of my fun budget. Not to mention with the NC700 in the stable, it's hard to want to ride the old Suzi.

I have to say, aside from the great price, the "Frunk" really sold me on this bike. Too bad my 'adventure' helm doesn't fit. My Nolan does at least. So much utility and so easy to ride. I have the OEM side bags and truck platform, but not the trunk. The GS has spoiled me on a center stand, so I may have to pick that up at some point for the NC. I also feel a taller windscreen is in my future. I have the taller OEM one, but I still have to tuck a bit to cut the wind noise/buffeting.

The Shadow is the wife's bike. Glad it's hers, I really don't like riding that thing. :p
20130728_142949.jpg

Hi from Porthcawl in south wales
My name is Tim and I have just brought my first official bike a lovely Honda NC700x and look forward to completing many miles around Welsh valleys and Hills lol :)
Look forward to hearing from you all
Regards
Tim :)

Howdy, welcome from Texas. Lucky to have a wife that does ride with you. Beauty of the NC700 is all the fun and adventures you will have adding the accessories.

2.jpg

SmileyCowbayHatBlack.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Howdy from Texas. Never forget why you bought the bike in the first place, to ride. Have fun riding and send lots of pictures.

7.jpg

SmileyCowboyBrownHat.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Hello from beautiful sunny Florida. Pete from Ft. Lauderdale area and new to the forum. I have been running through all the threads and sounds like a great bunch of guys and gals.

I bought my NC700X last month after a leisurely trip to the motorcycle store. I went to see the Honda Goldwing F6B, but I saw the NC and one test ride sold me. What a blast to ride! My previous bikes: YZ80, FZR1000, FJ1200, KTM LC640, VTX1800, Concours 1400, and BMX K1200S. (2 years riding Harley Road King on duty)

I must admit, the NC 700 has to be one of the funnest bikes to ride. (minus the butt-breaking seat) Looking forward to everyone's posts and meeting new friends.

Your fun has just begun. Soon you will figure out exactly what you want to use your bike for. Then the adventure begins! Lots of new accessories and places to see.

3.jpg

smileycowboy.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everyone from SE MI. 2013/05/02 was a day that will be remembered as a day I took a big step into doing what I want to do instead of what those around me told me I should do.

Hi everyone.

I just got NC700X 2012 a couple of weeks ago, and rode the bike since then every night (daytime is too hot during summer time over here) to get familiarized with the motorcycle (never had a motorcycle with engine size more than 250cc, so I thought this one has a different handling).

I found out the handling is not much different with a lighter motorcycle (had ninja 250 before), except lower band of rpm, and love the bike since then, attributed to the looks and the handling (i guess these are subjectives, but hey, having fun is a subjective thing isn't it? :)) and the fuel economy and the longer period of maintenance (these are hard facts :)).

Really glad to find this forum and looking forward to partaking in discussions about the motorcycle and motorcycling.

BTW, I live as an expats in Abu Dhabi, UAE, and originally from Indonesia.

Hi , 2 day NC700X owner, 12 month NC dreamer..stoked finally got it. From NZ. I look forward to learning from you guys who have had some decent seat time on the bike.

Cheers

Back