• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hello to all from Oregon. I am a year round rider. The quick and dirty...

Name's Alex and I'm a proud male nurse. Used to ride years ago. Got married and she said no. Then said yes to a little commuter 150 scooter. Put 12000 miles on it in a year. She encouraged me to get a "bigger bike" last month and now I own a NC700X. Yay! 2 days in and I'm at 112 miles. Love it! Looking forward to getting to know other riders on here and make all passersby on the roads jealous :)

Hello Vandis... welcome to the forum. Nice to see "...barát, együtt harcol, s issza borát". ;) Enjoy your ride!

Amwoolner... welcome from Gibraltar.

New Member in SE Arizona

Basically a new rider. Had a Honda 175 one summer while in college (Arizona State) & rode it all over the Phoenix metro area. Had not ridden since (40+ years) until I took the local basic rider course so my feet and hands would remember what to do. Did not want one of the big Goldwing/Electra Glide machines and had started looking fairly seriously at a Sportster. Then at my retirement a friend asked what I was going to be doing with myself. Said I was getting a bike. She showed me hers - a 2012 NC700X she'd bought new, then had the silver powder-coated pink - which took my thinking in a whole different direction. (BTW, her son said hers was kinda doggy but her reply was it suited her just fine.) Ended up trying a used 700X on for size at a sorta local dealer. Knocked the Sportster right out of contention. Came down to a choice between the used 700X and a new CBR500R. Dealer convinced me the 700X would be better suited for how I think I want to ride. One of the reviews said something about the 700X being the Swiss Army Knife of motorcycles. From what I've seen here, seems to be true.

Welcome to the forum CMGuy. I looked at a Sportser for 12 seconds too because a friend insisted that I should buy a Harley.

Welcome CMGuy He has a point with the "Swiss Army knife" analogy. This bike appeals to the widest variety of riders. New riders to Iron Butt riders, ADV riders, commuters, and mileage conscious riders.... the NCX does well in all those areas. Probably the most diverse motorcycle made.
smiley.jpg

Hey everyone, I'm Gyula from Nagykanizsa, Hungary, sorry about these difficult names and places. :) I'm a proud owner of an NC700XA since Friday. At about 300 km I'm absolutely satisfied with the machine. I traded in a CBF250, so it's kind of a big step but the bike feels natural and very comfortable. I already see that there's a good community here, I promise I'll try to be a useful member. :)

Hi all,

My name is Hap. It's short for all manner of things, Happy, Haphazard, even henry. I got on here a couple of days ago for advice and opinions on mods I'm considering for my new 2012 nc700x manual trans/non ABS. First new bike ever! I love it. Maybe not the fastest thing I've ever ridden but plenty fast and comfy for my 26mile commute into Portland. And I hope the reliability and ease of maintenance will be well worth the price of admission. I'm new to forums, so I hope not to offend anyone by my ignorance. I like working on my rigs myself and am probably too cheap for my own good, so as I figure out how to navigate the site, I'll be looking for ways to avoid unnecessary maintenance costs. I'd like to be a year round rider, but that may be somewhat optimistic... I'll settle for 9 months of the year if I can get my kit together, and pick the best of our variable weather days for joyrides.

Hope to see and talk to a lot of you!
have a good one!

Hap

Hey everyone, I'm Gyula from Nagykanizsa, Hungary, sorry about these difficult names and places. :) I'm a proud owner of an NC700XA since Friday. At about 300 km I'm absolutely satisfied with the machine. I traded in a CBF250, so it's kind of a big step but the bike feels natural and very comfortable. I already see that there's a good community here, I promise I'll try to be a useful member. :)

Welcome Gyula!!

Hi all,

My name is Hap. It's short for all manner of things, Happy, Haphazard, even henry. I got on here a couple of days ago for advice and opinions on mods I'm considering for my new 2012 nc700x manual trans/non ABS. First new bike ever! I love it. Maybe not the fastest thing I've ever ridden but plenty fast and comfy for my 26mile commute into Portland. And I hope the reliability and ease of maintenance will be well worth the price of admission. I'm new to forums, so I hope not to offend anyone by my ignorance. I like working on my rigs myself and am probably too cheap for my own good, so as I figure out how to navigate the site, I'll be looking for ways to avoid unnecessary maintenance costs. I'd like to be a year round rider, but that may be somewhat optimistic... I'll settle for 9 months of the year if I can get my kit together, and pick the best of our variable weather days for joyrides.

Hope to see and talk to a lot of you!
have a good one!

Hap

Welcome Hap!!

Sue (and myself by default) is officially a NC700XD owner!

This past weekend we wrote a check for $9971 and she rolled off the lot on her pretty new red motorcycle. Before you guys from states with no sales tax tell me that I overpaid for the bike, please realize that we have no state income tax and they choose to hit you instead with a very high 9.8% sales tax. I would have preferred shopping around for a better deal, but she's not the type to wait when she wants something. As it was, I still got them to drop the price over $1000 from the original quote.

She's not quite tippy toed at a stop on the bike, but there's definitely no heel touchdown. So first thing when I got home was to hit Soupys website and order some adjustable dogbones (are they still dogbones if they no longer look like dogbones? ;) ). Once the rear is dropped an inch, I'll raise the fork tubes and inch in the triple trees to lower that end also. Probably gonna get the NC700S centerstand once we figure out what accessories she wants so I can order all at once to save on shipping.

She's not the forum type, but I am so y'all are gonna see me around much more. You've been forewarned! :p

Wow, more NCX owners popping up faster than you can blink! woohoo, welcome to a great Forum, new guys and gals!

Hope you enjoy it as much as we all do! :cool:

Back