• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hello everyone! Long time listener, first time caller.

Just picked up a new-in-crate 2015 on Saturday. Loving the bike so far. Have been looking at getting one for quite some time and got a deal I had to jump on.
Plan to use it for commuting and riding around the local area. Also have a ST1300 that is much better 2-up and on long trips.
Compared to the ST1300, the NC700 is like riding a bicycle; it feels so light and nimble. Also plan to keep the stock windscreen as I like the freedom and open feeling as a contrast to the pilot seat of the ST1300.

JT

Hi every one not new here, just been gone. I got a 2001 cbr 600 f4i to get my need for speed out of the way and decided to go back to the NC. Just picked up a 2014 yesterday and fell like I'm back home. just wanted to say hey!!!

Just picked up my *new* 2015 NC700X today. It was an IRS seizure and had never been registered or even filled with fluids. I have not ridden for over 18 years. Now I am looking forward to commuting on this bike. My commute is 50 miles each way so I plan on putting 4 to 500 miles a week on this bike.

I am 54 years old, I drive a semi 400 miles every workday and live in Arizona. I needed a water-cooled bike here.

I look forward to the advice of those of you that have more experience on this bike than I and I hope to help those that can benefit from my experience.

Hi I'm Van aka Wingnut. been riding since I'm 9, now almost 49. I've raced vintage flat track, desert, sidecar ice, ridden trials, done lots of long distance and now ride a vintage mx'er and commute from Brooklyn to the Bronx. I've been looking at NC's for a while and finally sold my GS1200 and picked up this 2014 with 637 miles on it on 7/7/2018. 36849445_10156411557643490_2270560424107704320_n.jpg Starting tfarkle it out and will keep you all posted.

Cheers, Van

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! That is practically a brand new bike and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. As you've already noticed, there is a ton of farkling experience on this forum...
>Thom

If you rest, you rust.

Just came across a 2015 NCX with only 536 miles for $4500 on Craigslist. I just couldn't pass that up. At 5'-8" my only concern was that I might not be able to flat foot it, but found that I could, and it fit me perfectly, so it became a great 70th birthday present from my wife. Haven't been on a bike since I sold my 2014 CB500X two years ago (got a Porsche Cayman and my wife said the 500 had to go). I am taking the advanced MC training course this weekend to get a refresher and riding the Old McKenzie Highway this week with friends. Let the farkling begin.
Lando

Hi, name is Christiaan and I'm from South Africa (Germiston). Being riding bikes since 1990. Got a 2015 NC750X a month ago. If I counted correctly the NC will be my ± 16th bike and my 3rd Honda

Howdy all, my name is Greg and I live in The Woodlands, Texas. Just bought my first bike on Wednesday, July 11 a new 2015 NC700X and haven’t fell off yet! I do have my license after buying my gal and I a pair of Vespas last year. I have a GTS 300 but there is no comparison to the Honda and the feeling you get. Looking forward to learning all I can from this forum as I learn to shift and go.

I am picking up a new to me 2012 NC700X next Saturday from a local dealer. The bike is in showroom condition with 6000 miles. 3500.00 out the door. I am having the dealer install new tires and a fresh full synthetic oil/filter change. I am looking for advice from this group for simple stage 1 mods that improve performance and suspension. Thank you.

I’m in Houston, Texas and today, I just agreed on the purchase of a 2015 NC700 DCT. It has 386 miles. No kidding. Is in beautiful condition. One of those great connections. Started looking and the next day learned a friend wanted to sell his.
For the past 9 years I was riding a Yamaha V-star 650. I decided I wanted something different.

I rode for two hours today, trying out everything I could. There is much to get used too, but I enjoyed the experience.
It sits a little tall for me. I heard a rumor that the seat can be adjusted. Will have to look into that.

I look forward to learning more about my bike and any help I can get from experienced owners.

Glad you are here on this forum. And you are not too far from where I live. I put about 100 miles :) on my first ride, just tooling around to get a feel for the bike. A long way from 100,000. I might have to spend the rest of my life on the bike to achieve that milestone.

GBH...., DBM..., and MichaelP....a Hearty welcome to Y'all from North Idaho!! Welcome to the ride!! I've been riding 400-500 miles every weekend and it amazes me how fast the miles add up and that i wore out my first set of tires so fast, WOW! :{)

Hello all from Mississippi

Hello everyone,

Name is Dan aka Squash of the South. I have been riding for 3 or so months now and only have my 14 NC700X, fell in love with the bike because of MPGs and the look and how well it suits me (i'm 6'1"). It took me a while to track down one I could get for a decent price and here I am today. A happy rider and enjoying my many 100+ mile rides I take almost every other day. I bought the bike mostly to commute to school but have quickly started using it as my only means of transportation and I have three other vehicles. I have just installed a phone holder and USB, but have already dropped some barkbusters and Givi engine guards on. I ride in full gear and enjoy my rides very much. Hopefully one of these days i'll find a group to ride with but until then i'll just keep enjoying the view. Psss....the only thing i'ed give this thing up for would probably be an Africa Twin lol. Ride on!

Back