• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Thanks for your reply. It's helpful to have someone with experience with the 700x provide advice....

A

The rev limit is a non issue with the NC700X in a sense that the rev limiter is appropriate for the power output of the engine. By the time the engine hits about 6000 rpm, the power output is already falling off. The rev limiter kicks in very abruptly, which is not necessarily a good thing, but there's little sense in reving it higher than 6400 since there is no more power to be had. It's just a 50 hp engine and that's that. If power output is a big concern, it's probably not the right bike.

An advantage of the NC over the other bikes is lower center of gravity.

Hi from Robbo, just registered so new to the forum but not the NC, I'm on my 3rd! a 750s this time, from Cambridge UK.

Hello everyone. New to the forum here, benn riding for quite a while now, a couple of months ago I bought my first NC700X... And I love it! Easiest and most fun everyday bike so far.

Hello everybody, i’m UncleJoe, From Moscow, Russia, well known on NC700.ru, about my rides, first there were nc700sd,(from2015), now its 750xd. Like it and happy with DCT). Saving for GL w DCT(some day, when I retired, I’ll get it)))

Hi folks. I am Greg Vassallo from Vancouver, BC, Canada. I am on my way to Victoria to buy a 2017 NC750X on Feb.6/18. I have been riding for 9 years and have owned 2 V -Strom 650's and a 2014 Honda CTX 700. It was a great bike. I am looking forward to having a taller version of that bike. Cheers Greg

Hello from Northern Idaho!! i've been riding motor bikes and cycles for more then four decades and currently have three. I've really liked the NC700 for several years, ever since i first saw a great comment about it from the AMA Hall-of-Famer Craig Vetter. What really piqued my interest was the exceptional MPG and comfort. At 6'6" and 230lb my little CBR250r was just not cutting it anymore. It is a great little mpg commuter, however at my age the "Joe-Rocket" position hurts too much on longer rides. The NC700's have been just out of my price range until the other day when i came across a Craig's List Ad for one that i thought was a misprint, so i responded. I made an even lower offer and the guy took it! Now i am the proud owner of a very comfortable/enjoyable to ride 12' NC700x! I currently have three Honda's, 12' CBR250r, 03' CRF230f and now my new favorite 12' NC700x. It only had 1712 miles when i picked it up and rode it nearly 100 miles home, in 30f, windy and blowing sideways, and occasional snow flurries! I didn't even care until about 40 miles into the ride...oh man it was cold!! Thankfully i was able to trade of riding with my son and we both shared in the popsicle ride home! Glad i found this forum. Looking forward to meeting up with folks in the area and learning some really cool stuff about the NC700 and things to do to them to make better MPG's!! :{)

Welcome, Rapturee! I like your taste in motorcycles - smaller is better. I think you’ll love the NC700X. Let us know how we can help.

As for improving MPGs, your riding style is most important, followed by reducing wind drag. Wide saddlebags kill mileage. 45 mph in 6th gear seems to be the sweet spot for efficiency. My best was 94.5 mpg over 292 miles, but those days are gone because I now have a bigger windscreen, crash guards, highway pegs, hand guards, etc. I’m still averaging 76 mpg.

Last edited:
Hello from Northern Idaho!! i've been riding motor bikes and cycles for more then four decades and currently have three. I've really liked the NC700 for several years, ever since i first saw a great comment about it from the AMA Hall-of-Famer Craig Vetter. What really piqued my interest was the exceptional MPG and comfort. At 6'6" and 230lb my little CBR250r was just not cutting it anymore. It is a great little mpg commuter, however at my age the "Joe-Rocket" position hurts too much on longer rides. The NC700's have been just out of my price range until the other day when i came across a Craig's List Ad for one that i thought was a misprint, so i responded. I made an even lower offer and the guy took it! Now i am the proud owner of a very comfortable/enjoyable to ride 12' NC700x! I currently have three Honda's, 12' CBR250r, 03' CRF230f and now my new favorite 12' NC700x. It only had 1712 miles when i picked it up and rode it nearly 100 miles home, in 30f, windy and blowing sideways, and occasional snow flurries! I didn't even care until about 40 miles into the ride...oh man it was cold!! Thankfully i was able to trade of riding with my son and we both shared in the popsicle ride home! Glad i found this forum. Looking forward to meeting up with folks in the area and learning some really cool stuff about the NC700 and things to do to them to make better MPG's!! :{)

That is very low mileage. Sounds like a great find to me...

Hello everyone. Bought a new NC700X in 2016. Grew up riding mini bikes, then dirt bikes, got busted up pretty good with a few years of motocross racing then bought a new 1990 CBR600 that I still have. Once I started to loose the feeling in my fingers after about 15 minutes on the CBR I knew it was time for a change. I've been nothing but happy with the NC's comfort and rideability not to mention the gas mileage and relatively low cost of the bike itself. I'm getting ready to fit it with some luggage and have a few questions so off to another forum for that.

Hello everybody!
I am Bruce and I live in a small town in Southern Ohio called Greenfield. I just picked up a black 2015 NC700X-DCT yesterday in Columbus, Ohio. I'm 67 years old and have been riding for 40+ years and will continue to ride as long as I can hold up my bike! I've had many different bikes in my lifetime, most recently, a BMW R1200C, but I really like this Honda, a lot! Looking forward to learn to love my new NC and interact with all you experts who can tell me everything I need to know, and then some!

Welcome!

I don’t know if we’re experts, but some of us, me included, have owned the NC since it came to the US in summer, 2012. Ask questions, and we’ll give it a shot.

Thanks for all the welcome posts. Just joined today. Got my second hand 2012 NC two weeks ago. Been riding the Washington DC beltway zoo for several years, but flew off my Honda 500 last fall trying to negotiate a bad curve (near my home) and an animal. Bike totaled but I had not a scratch. I like my new NC. Although I am a junior member, I am a bit senior (62years). I am looking forward to enjoying the posts (and learning).

Hello everybody!
I am Bruce and I live in a small town in Southern Ohio called Greenfield. I just picked up a black 2015 NC700X-DCT yesterday in Columbus, Ohio. I'm 67 years old and have been riding for 40+ years and will continue to ride as long as I can hold up my bike! I've had many different bikes in my lifetime, most recently, a BMW R1200C, but I really like this Honda, a lot! Looking forward to learn to love my new NC and interact with all you experts who can tell me everything I need to know, and then some!
Hi Bruce,
Welcome from South Carolina. I'm two years older and just got a 2016 to return to riding.
I grew up in southern Ohio and knew the area pretty well. Rode some in college (OSU). Did you ever ride hare scrambles?
It's been a long while though and I can't remember where Greenfield is. There's some nice country to ride. Enjoy.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back