• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Welcome from the Utah Alps. 6k kilometers is a lot in 3 and a bit months. Sounds like the bike may have done more than just some demo rides (in winter no less). But this is a low stress motor, so probably not a problem. Would be worth asking the dealer about though?

Hi- Dave from Minnesota. Picked this up on Monday, been wanting one since before they hit the US dealers. Love it, happy I waited until they came in red. Matches the ole' 3-wheeler ;)

IMG_1258.JPG

It does look sharp! Welcome from Utah.

Hi- Dave from Minnesota. Picked this up on Monday, been wanting one since before they hit the US dealers. Love it, happy I waited until they came in red. Matches the ole' 3-wheeler ;)

IMG_1258.JPG

SAWEEEEET!!!!!! THat's the color I am waiting for!!!! Hopefully within 2 weeks... Enjoy and be safe!!!!!

Ok here goes.... I'm Kevin from TN. I have always loved motorcycles since I can remember. Been in the motorcycle industry for over 20 years now. I currently own a 2001 Suzuki DR650, 2011 Yamaha WR250 and just purchased a 2012 Honda NC700X. Looking forward into putting lots of miles on this bike but for now I'm looking to make the bike my own by looking on this site to get ideas for what I want to do with it.

Hello from tampa florida.
Bought the bike on 4/28/13. its a 2012. most recent bike was a '07 suzuki DRZ400sm. so far I like the bike. have yet to take it into any serious off road adventures, but it will happen as soon as I wear out the stock rubber. I was glad to find a thread dedicated to this machine and look forward to learning from everyone and hopefully being able to help others as well. See you on the road

Ok here goes.... I'm Kevin from TN. I have always loved motorcycles since I can remember. Been in the motorcycle industry for over 20 years now. I currently own a 2001 Suzuki DR650, 2011 Yamaha WR250 and just purchased a 2012 Honda NC700X. Looking forward into putting lots of miles on this bike but for now I'm looking to make the bike my own by looking on this site to get ideas for what I want to do with it.

Welcome from Utah!

Bought the bike on 4/28/13. its a 2012. most recent bike was a '07 suzuki DRZ400sm. so far I like the bike. have yet to take it into any serious off road adventures, but it will happen as soon as I wear out the stock rubber. I was glad to find a thread dedicated to this machine and look forward to learning from everyone and hopefully being able to help others as well. See you on the road
Welcome from Arkansas. If you are going off-road you may want to check out Hondabikepro's skid plate.

good day from Hong Kong, picked up mine in black a couple months back the DCT version, perfect for Hong Kong traffic. Prior to this I was a BMW 1150R and it was heavy through the traffic and tough on the left hand. The bike is so nimble at low speed and the DCT makes commuting in the city a breeze. So far I havent had much use for the manual option but it works fine. Great to find a group with ideas and mods when I get to that. Safe riding all............

Welcome revinkevin and GP06!!

Hi everybody. It's great to have this forum to talk about our NCs. I just got mine last week. Haven't ever had a "road bike". Haven't been on a motorcycle in 25+ years. Used to race enduros for years. This bike made it really easy to get my reflexes back. Its very forgiving and stable.

Hi everybody. It's great to have this forum to talk about our NCs. I just got mine last week. Haven't ever had a "road bike". Haven't been on a motorcycle in 25+ years. Used to race enduros for years. This bike made it really easy to get my reflexes back. Its very forgiving and stable.

Welcome, from Sunny So. California !!!

Woohoo! After an involuntary 9 year riding hiatus and a much needed divorce. I am back in the saddle again and my first purchase was an NC. Love the ride (yeah its no speed demon) but it works perfectly for me. Remarried to a bike lover and now I'm in need of a backrest for the NC (John's trying to hook me up).

Hello all, looking forward to chatting with all of you about our much loved rides!

Semper Fi!

My only slight concern but purchased the bike anyway is:
The bike is first registered in Feb 2013 and has already got 6000km on the clock.
Is this excessive for a demo bike in just 4 months?
Dealer says they have just done the second service!! Does this sound right!
It's still under factory warranty till 03/2014.

Mike

Hi Mike,

6,000 km is a bit high for a demo but as long as the bike's serviced it should be fine - I guess when the dealer says he's done the second service he means he's done the 12,000 km service early. First is at 1,000 km and second is at 12,000/12 months. The discoloration on the exhaust is normal.

You might want to check the warranty duration though. The Honda warranty is 2 years, so you should be covered until 2015.

Chris

Interesting forum for an interesting bike!

Hello Everybody. I am Jean (in French it's a man's name :)) and I live near Montréal, Québec, Canada. I've ridden motorcycles since 1996 and I've owned a KLR 650, a TDR 125 (in France), a VRF 800 (in France), another KLR 650 (back in Canada), a CBR 1100 XX, a Magna 750 (still owned) and finally a Super Sherpa 250 (still owned).

Yesterday I signed the deal to replace my Magna (that I've had for 6 years now and I wanted to try something else). I should get it next week-end; it's a 2013 red NCX manual (no DCT in Canada apparently). I've added the 3 cases, the center stand and the fog light support from Honda. Will most probably add handguards, front fender extension, maybe a rear wheel hugger, maybe crash bars (if they don't interfere with the light support) and I should also replace the seat, maybe with a Corbin.

During my search to replace the Magna I considered many different bikes. The one I liked the most was the Moto Guzzi Stelvio. However I found it expensive, heavy and high (I'm quite short of legs). The Tiger 800 XC was also on the list. Then I saw at a dealer a slightly used V-Strom 650 expedition (or something like that). I found it quite interesting. And then during some web browsing for reviews on the V-Strom I saw on a site the NC700X mentioned as a competitor to the V-Strom. Went to a Honda dealer and really really liked the bike. I feel it is everything I was looking for: upright position, rationally sized engine (I don't need 200 HP with a red line at 20 000 RPM), injection, ABS, good storage, low fuel consumption... I felt that the match was pefect. The dealer let me test ride a NC700S and I really liked the way the engine worked. Dealer was friendly and one week later we agreed on a deal. He also gave me a decent value for the venerable Magna (a 2000).

So next week-end I will feel a bit sad to let the Magna go; it has been an outstanding companion but 3 bikes in the garage would be way too much. And I even wonder if I'll keep the Sherpa after I get the X - it will depend on how much riding it sees.

I wish you all a good summer of riding (no year long riding here, heck, some areas of Quebec even got snow yesterday!).

Jean the Running Turtle.

Back