• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hi David!
Welcome!

Hi All,

I am David from Nebraska. I bought the DCT model in late October and put just enough mileage on it for the first service before winter came. I got the DCT model because after two surgeries on my left hand I just can't operate a clutch anymore. In the last few weeks I have been able to commute to work a few times on the NC700X and I really enjoy this bike.

Thanks to the positive feedback posted on this forum, I was able to add a few extras over the winter to make the bike better for my commute. I added the center stand, the CalSci Sport windshield and the Givi Trekker luggage.

I hope to be able to contribute some now that I can get more riding time on the bike.

I come from the land of the Ninja 500R. But alas she is gone now. I have a new steed. The NC700X. Picked her up on Monday. So far she has proven to be more impressive than Ole Blue. Thanks to all for this Forum! Looking forward to being a member.
Regards
Jerry

I come from the land of the Ninja 500R. But alas she is gone now. I have a new steed. The NC700X. Picked her up on Monday. So far she has proven to be more impressive than Ole Blue. Thanks to all for this Forum! Looking forward to being a member.
Regards
Jerry

Welcome Jerry!

I once had the Ninja 250.
:p

Hi All,
Thanks to everyone for this forum. I picked up my 2012 NC700x last week. Last bike was a DRZ400 dual sport. Am looking forward to some great times with the 700.
Now, what goodies do I need to make a great bike even better?
Regards
Gene

In order of your personal priorities for tricking out the NC700 as a street bike I would add:

Taller windshield, heated handgrips, top box, a hard wired battery tender hookup pigtail, a centerstand, a 12 volt charger socket, sidecases if you ride on long rides, a keychain garage door opener. These are the things that I have done to get the ride more comfortable and the maintenance and storage easier. I found that the more practical, comfortable and convenient you make things on the bike, the more you use it and the greater moral suasion you have with your wife to spend money on it.

I am not really familiar with offroad or dirt road requirements but maybe somebody else can chime in. I suspect a rear tire hugger will be useful and a medium set of dirt oriented tires would work well too.

Good evening everyone from Turlock, Ca;
Picked up my manual 2012 today and so far I'm impressed. Seems to have plenty of power. Dealer threw in the tall windshield but won't be here til next week. Let the farkling begin. Trip to Yellowstone planned for July.

Hi Guys,

I'm just about to collect my 2013 DCT Black this Friday here in London, UK. Have been riding a T-Max for 4 years in Central London and have taken the plunge with my first brand new purchase.

Its coming with Honda rack and top box, centre stand, honda grips and after market rad grill and givi engine bars (after reading the excellent advice on this forum).

Does anyone else on here have a black NC700x with the honda top box? Does it come colour matched or does the silver look ok with the black of the bike?

Thanks again for everyones contribution so far. Can't wait for the first 300miles of running in to be done.

Dan

Last edited:
Hi All. Pete here from sunny Florida, with all the crazy people that the rest of the country sends here :) Been riding for about 10 years (plus a few years as a 23 year old, when I almost got smashed on a bike...) Now I'm a bit older and wiser; I became an MSF Rider coach about 8 years ago, and I just took the Advanced Rider Course/Military Sport-bike Rider Course (to teach to our military members). I realize that my VS1400 Intruder isn't the best bike to ride, or teach the course with. So, I've been lurking here for a little bit while I decided to pull the trigger on a manual NC700X. It doesn't come in at the dealer until April 19 (near my B-day), so I'll be "officially" one of the crew soon enough. I'm also a Safety Engineer here on the Space Coast, working for the Government with things that go vertical ;)

Sorry for the diatribe :), but now I'm officially introduced!

Back