• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hello, another new guy here. Just traded an 06 FJR for non-dct last weekend. It's sitting at the dealer now getting the luggage installed. Can't wait til it stops raining!

just like to say hello to everybody and tell you a little about myself i'm 56 a steel erector in the construction industry love bikes had a bike since i was seventeen drive but dont have a car use my bikes all year round had that many bikes i've forgot a lot of them till my memories been jogged always had two or three bikes at a time fast/tourer/commuter/ but now i've decided to try just one bike to tick most of the boxes i need .I've just traded a versys650 plus a zrx1200 in for my new nc700x and up to date its good except for a niggle with a wind roar /noise/ coming from the fork tunnel area between 30/60/ mph versys was really good did 38.000 miles no probs hoping honda will be better (like hondas more) anyway thanks for your time all the best .paul.

Hey everyone!

It's the first time I actually introduce myself on a forum and thus don't really know what to write.

I'm Damano, a student living in the beautiful Holland (also known as The Netherlands).
After 2 years of wondering about which license (car or bike) I should go for first, an upcoming change in the law made me decide to go for the motorcycle driver's license! :D
Being a student I'm still saving to buy my first bike, which will probably be something used and reliable (and as cheap as possible of course).

The reason I joined this forum is because I absolutely love the NC700X for it's looks and fuell economy/efficiency!

If there's anything more you guys want to know, just ask!

p.s. Sorry if I make any mistakes in grammar etc.

Hello all ! My name is Luis and I live in the Northeast US. I have been riding for over twenty years mostly on sportbikes and a little on dirt. I bought my NC 700X last fall and so far love the bike and the style of riding it induces in the rider. I like to post on issues I feel strongly about and am very interested in the motorcycling experience from the point of view of people from other countries.

Hello from the Bay Area (California). I'm new here. I bought my NC in December and just put the Givi Trekkers on and am ready for some nice long rides. I just got my M1 and am a new rider....already addicted! It's good to be here and in the midst of all this wisdom (which I hope to tap often, and maybe soon, can be on the giving end myself)

Hello from the Bay Area (California). I'm new here. I bought my NC in December and just put the Givi Trekkers on and am ready for some nice long rides. I just got my M1 and am a new rider....already addicted! It's good to be here and in the midst of all this wisdom (which I hope to tap often, and maybe soon, can be on the giving end myself)

Welcome from Stockton! Got mine in August, mostly just commuting to the east bay.

Just joined been riding many years on road and off. Worked at Honda M/C dealership from 1965 to 1983 then went into the car side till i retired. Ride a lot now and enjoy places i see.

Hi All,

I am David from Nebraska. I bought the DCT model in late October and put just enough mileage on it for the first service before winter came. I got the DCT model because after two surgeries on my left hand I just can't operate a clutch anymore. In the last few weeks I have been able to commute to work a few times on the NC700X and I really enjoy this bike.

Thanks to the positive feedback posted on this forum, I was able to add a few extras over the winter to make the bike better for my commute. I added the center stand, the CalSci Sport windshield and the Givi Trekker luggage.

I hope to be able to contribute some now that I can get more riding time on the bike.

for something bigger try the (now discontinued) Yamaha FJR 1300 AE with the paddle shifting. Last year they were made was 2009--I have a 2006. It is extremely capable and powerful and very loaded. Standard sidebags and heated handgrips and electric up and down windshield. All the stuff is there and a V46 topbox from GIVI rounds things out. I have a Honda NC 700x DCT which I just got and I am keeping both bikes. The Yamaha is still the bike of choice for the long haul but the Honda is terrific in town with the same GIVI top box. Can't argue with the fuel efficiency of the Honda right at 58 mpg.

My other bike is a 2008 FJR1300AE and you are right, it is a great touring bike. I have been on several tours of up to 4000 miles on it. I find it a little heavy for my commute so when the NC700X DCT model became available, I had to have it. Very happy with both bikes.

Back